ABOUT THE COMPANY
Driftaway Coffee is a profitable and fast-growing eCommerce company that delivers freshly roasted coffee personalized to the taste of their customers. We want everyone to drink better coffee at home. We offer a coffee subscription service whereby customers receive freshly roasted coffee based on their taste profile. We are well-funded by our customers, and have been covered in various publications like The TODAY Show, WSJ, Wirecutter from NY Times, Boston Globe, and Inc. magazine.
HOW WE THINK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE
We work tirelessly to delight customers as often and creatively as possible. Measuring customer happiness can be tricky, but we believe that a really fast and personal response inherently makes people happy. We want to hold ourselves to a high standard - we strive to resolve the majority of tickets within 24 hours.
We want you to geek out on improving Driftaway, so after we listen and respond to our customers, we use data to organize, prioritize and share insights with the Product and Operations teams.
We also strive for that great balance of being a team that feels like a family. That means we share feedback regularly, support each other's self-improvement efforts, and take mistakes as opportunities to learn together.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a customer service representative, you will respond to customer inquiries from 8am - 6pm M-F over live chat, phone, text message, email and social media. This is a full-time role, and compensation is salaried. Health benefits are available and 100% covered.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the established SLA.
- Quickly and thoroughly solve problems for customers about deliveries and transactions
- Know our products and website thoroughly to offer advice and help customers navigate order placement and account management tasks on the website
- Create and improve help desk articles on the help desk portal to optimize the customer support experience
- Report customer service metrics on a weekly basis.
- Pass feedback from customers to the tech, marketing, coffee and operations teams.
- 2+ years of experience in customer service over email & phone
- A friendly demeanor, empathetic tone and positive attitude.
- A problem solving mindset, and are able to troubleshoot the customer’s issue and solve it, especially website and system related.
- Must speak and write excellent English.
- Experience with an online Customer service tool like Zendesk / Freshdesk etc.
- Commute to the office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn at least once or twice a week (after the COVID-19 rules are eased).
NICE TO HAVE
- Past experience doing customer service for online brands / eCommerce is a huge plus
- Familiarity with Woo Commerce and Shipstation would be great.
- Experience in coffee
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- E-Commerce: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Communication method(s) used:
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible