FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN II, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking a Field Service Technician II for a client located in San Francisco, CA. This is a contract position.
START DATE: ASAP
ON-SITE / REMOTE: Onsite
WAGE TYPE: W2
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN II JOB SUMMARY
This is a mid-level support position for problem resolution, and providing technical recommendations for more complex problems. Incumbent participates in system administration with appropriate tools such as Microsoft ADUC (Active Directory) console, MS System Configuration Manager, and Tivoli Endpoint Manager (Big Fix).
At this level, assignments may be complex in nature where judgment will be required in problem resolution and training end-users. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining secure and confidential information and must be familiar with specific IT technical policies. Incumbent is responsible for the resolution of technical issues concerning desktop computers, laptops, communication devices, printers, and other peripherals. Incumbent will provide software support and user training on applications for computers, communication devices (iPad, iPhone, Android), and printers. Incumbent will document in detail the request and incident resolution and track hours worked in the help desk ticketing system and provide the customer with status updates.
The incumbent must balance his or her technical knowledge and skill with a high level of customer service objectives in all operations of the Service Desk and Field Services, providing both phone-based, remote and onsite customer support. Exercise sound judgment and prioritization and reorganization of customer requests. Incumbent must be flexible with scheduling and willing to work nights and weekends.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN II JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- 75 % Provide onsite technical support
- including triage, analysis, diagnosis and resolution of issues related to desktop and laptop systems, handheld devices, printers, peripherals, network connectivity, desktop software applications and utilities, storage architecture, and IT security. Support will include staffing the IT Health Desk, a walk up IT support center.
- Staff rotation to Service Desk or other sites as required.
- When at Service Desk Level1: handle 35-50 customer contacts per day from a variety of inbound sources: telephone, voicemail, email, assigned tickets, and instant messenger while maintaining 95% Customer Satisfaction ratings, 60-65% First Contact Resolution, and 65-75% Level 1 Resolution.
- When at Service Desk Level2: Resolve 8-20 Level 1 escalations per day from a variety of inbound sources: telephone, voicemail, email, assigned tickets, and instant messenger while maintaining 95% Customer Satisfaction ratings.
- Handle up to 100 tickets per day while managing queues and triaging tickets based on priority and service tier with greater than 95% accuracy.
- Assist Level 1 analysts in troubleshooting technical issues.
- Provide onsite field support for designated sites.
- Must pass a background check.
- Resolve enterprise application functionality across browsers (i.e. Peoplesoft works in IE but not in Firefox)
- Image ten new workstations, deploy to identified clients and surplus remaining equipment following all internal processes
- Provide onsite support and resolve issues for a meeting using video conference technology (Zoom, WebEx, Movi, Cisco)
- Conduct periodic security audits.
- Evaluate technology needs and recommend appropriate solutions for customers.
- Identify and recover corrupted or lost user data.
- Escalated customer service issues.
- Audits/investigations of a sensitive/confidential nature.
- Major outages and incidents affecting site/building or entire application
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center's values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism ·in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
- Complete duties with the ability to collect and communicate technical concepts, both written & verbal, to a non-technical audience with a high degree of Customer Service.
- Gather technical information and prepare IT technical Notifications; ability to translate and manage technical Notifications to customer-facing Notifications.
- Provide thorough analysis and develop/recommend cost-effective solutions to variously complex technology problems based on incumbent’s extensive knowledge of campus/medical center standards and Department’s requirements/needs.
- Provide front line support for a variety of clinical/business applications, provision and administer user accounts and reset passwords in Active Directory,
- Conceptually understand the purpose, general functions of enterprise applications, such as EPIC, Pyxis, MyAccess, and all its terminology.
- Knowledge of important Federal, State, UC, and information security policies and procedures. Knowledge of policies sufficient to recognize violations or potential security problems before they happen, and act as information security liaison for supported groups.
- Use network diagnostic tools to support network infrastructure. Add/Move/Change Telecom Communication Devices (e.g. Siemens/Cisco phones). Support and update of Amcom Pager System Database.
- Perform Proactive Rounding, as assigned. Serve as internal escalation/contact for resolution of complex issues and VIP support.
- Participate in continuous process improvement & innovation. Complete other duties, as assigned
- 10 % Participate in small to medium sized technology projects.
- Of critical importance in this area is working closely with clients to analyze business needs, develop & design appropriate technology solutions, and present detailed recommendations to the client.
- Manage small technology projects, such as technology rollouts to customer base or as a subset of larger projects. Support new project development, including systems analysis, planning and preparation, testing and implementation and client coordination as needed.
- Participate in development and management of project, project communications, status reporting, and address related customer issues.
- 5 % Deliver IT training to customers, on-site and remote, one-on-one training for standard desktop applications (MS Office, email clients, web browsers) and Desktop OS features.
- Moderately-complex user documentation and walkthroughs. Complete other training related duties, as assigned.
- 5 % Maintain hardware inventory data and software licensing information
- Maintain hardware inventory data and software licensing information to ensure accuracy. . Conduct periodic audits. Implement encryption on all required computers and notification of devices out of compliance.
- Assure licensing compliance by recording software purchasing information, installations, and user assignments.
- Recommend hardware configurations for customer procurement
- 5 % Create accurate Knowledge Base articles allowing for continuous improvement of the Enterprise Desktop Support & Service Desk programs.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN II REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Demonstrated expert proficiency supporting MS Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Macintosh OS X, and MS Office. Proficiency with troubleshooting MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to act as a Desktop Hardware & Software consultant helping customers purchase the appropriate Hardware & Software for their needs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and support network connections for workstations and printers, VPN, and wireless environments.
- Demonstrated skill in configuring, troubleshooting and supporting escalated end user client systems including desktop, laptop and mobile computing devices – Windows, Macintosh, Android and iOS.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise system functions, dependencies and interactions and ability to use this information to troubleshoot. Ability to follow Desktop Support process in an enterprise environment such as, Customer Onboarding, Desktop engineering tools and services, Financial management Policies and Service, Security processes & tools, and Customer Outreach & Tools.
- Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization. High degree of collaboration skills and the ability to work well in small teams and cross functionally. Knowledge of Collaboration tools & Service.
- Working knowledge of server internals, especially as needed for troubleshooting and isolating issues.
- Advanced skill at creating technical documentation for complex processes and applications.
- Experience developing and administering formal technical training to users at a variety of levels. Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner. Ability to develop and deliver advanced desk-side training, basic desk-side training, basic group training.
- General knowledge of other areas of IT. Intermediate knowledge of IT-related products and services.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of unit's business processes. Working knowledge of organization computer requirements, recommendations and policies including security standards.
- Effective skills at technical and administrative work direction, and proficiency in project management basics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated judgment to delegate / escalate issues appropriately. High degree of self-motivation and flexibility. Must be exceptionally resourceful, detail-oriented, and have outstanding organization skills. Ability to maintain task scheduling and prioritization, to meet the deadlines of ITFS staff and customers.
- Understanding of IT Service Management, incident and request management with-in an Enterprise environment
- Ability and flexibility to support a 7x24 clinical environment with potential on-call responsibilities.
- Minimum two years of experience in a desktop support or help desk position, supporting Windows and Macintosh computers in a complex networked environment and/or equivalent experience/training
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN II PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant technical certification (Microsoft, Apple, A+, PMP, ITIL, MCP, MSCE, MSCA, CCNA, HDI, etc.)
Job Type: Contract