JOB DESCRIPTION: Under direction from the area Supervisor/Manager, the incumbent performs inspections, tests and sampling of materials and products in progress, complete components and ready to be shipped. Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) subject matter expert.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work independently, with minimal guidance and direction to complete assigned roles and responsibilities.
· Confidently operate Faro Arm or CMM, or both, to support production requirements, Purchasing and Engineering including First Article inspections and production validation.
· As subject matter expert, provide training to other employees on use of Faro Arm or CMM.
· Work with Engineering or others in the analysis of defective material and customer complaints
· Create, manage or apply programming techniques to manage, operate and maintain Faro Arm or CMM
· Perform inspection and testing of purchased parts, subassemblies or finished company products according to defined criteria using standard physical, mechanical and/or electronic measurements; accurately document results of completed inspections and testing
· Taking random samples of production runs, performs scan on appropriate tool, records results and reports results directly to machine operator. As necessary, report results to Supervisor to follow up for any necessary corrective action
· Monitor and record production material
· Read and interpret product specifications and prints to review, inspect and measure prototype, First Article and work in process
· Create Engineering Change or Temporary Material Deviations for non-conforming materials required to be deployed in a controlled manner
· Support Production, Customer Service, Engineering or others in analysis of defective material and customer complaints
· Identify non-conformances using the IQS Nonconforming Module and SAGE as appropriate.
· Identify and reject product and subassemblies as appropriate based upon defined criteria.
· Accurately maintain and file results and records and distribute to relevant departments
· Cross train in all parts of QA Department including Incoming Inspection, Production Audits, Shipping Audits, and testing product with equipment.
· Evaluate quality deficiencies and make recommendations for corrective action to area supervisor and Quality supervision
· Work with production management and Quality Assurance to provide feedback to plant associates regarding involved area procedures
· Perform internal ISO audits as assigned.
· Maintain area tool calibration requirements.
· Perform area tool operation maintenance records.
· Use of Microsoft Office to maintain and create Work Instructions, First Piece Article reports, and Verification Sheets.
· Responsible for 100% accuracy when signing off on verified products.
· Customer service oriented
· Team player
· Ability to follow through
· Positive working attitude
· Excellent communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to stay focused
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibility
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to equipment used to move product such as fork trucks and hand trucks. Employee may be required to work in areas with noise levels above 85dB. Employee may be exposed to hot temperatures during the summer months and cold temperatures during the winter months. Foot, eye and head protection required as appropriate to the area in which the employee will be working. This may vary from day-to-day.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 lbs. and do light grasping. The employee will seldom reach above shoulder height.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: This is a full-time position. Days and hours may vary depending on the shift and season. Normal work days are typically Monday – Thursday when on a 10-hour schedule and Monday – Friday when on an 8-hour schedule. 1st shift hours may begin as early as 5:00 am and end as late as 5:00 pm, 2nd shift may begin as early as 3:00 pm and end as late as 3:00 am, 3rd shift may start as early as 11:00 pm and end as late as 11:00 am.
TRAVEL: No travel is expected for this position
REQUIRED/DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma desired, Associates degree preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education
· 3-5 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment
· Working knowledge of LEAN and/or Six Sigma a plus
· Ability to work in hot and/or cold conditions in an open warehouse area
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS: Pre-employment drug screen and background check
AAP/EEO STATEMENT: Global Skyware will not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any associate in employment opportunities or practices based upon his/her race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time