At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
Right now we're looking for a Merchandising Specialist to join our growing team. The Merchandising Specialist (Lenses and Accessories ) is responsible for managing the day to day of the Accessories category, supporting merchandising programs, standard departmental reporting, store communications, and assisting with all general merchandising duties within the Lens category.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- With the support of the Merchandising Manager, oversees the Accessories category by ensuring product sales meet financial budget.
- Contributes ideas and plan for improving business processes and driving sales in the Lens and Accessories categories.
- Regularly communicates with vendors on product performance and reports on changes or concerns.
- Creates and maintains Merchandising Planograms (how and where specific retail products should be placed in stores and the quantities needed for each SKU) in order to improve sales and meet vendor contract requirements.
- Communicates changes regarding new products, discounted items, price changes and discontinued items to the stores.
- Creates standard and ad hoc reports through Business Objects (report writing system) regarding sales, product performance, and pricing in order to recommend buy, discontinue and price decisions.
- Manages and purchases store consumables inventory related to lens merchandise and accessories.
- Communicates and promotes Associate Sales Contests to stores including the acquisition and distribution of prizes, and communication of results to stores.
- Set ups new, maintains existing accessories in JDA (Supply Chain and Merchandising) system, and ensures the data is uploaded correctly into the company’s Point of Sale system (SDS).
- Assists stores and other departments with general merchandising inquires and requests through emails and phone calls.
- Assists in the development of merchandising presentations, training materials and selling tools.
What are the benefits?
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in either merchandising/buying or inventory and replenishment.
- Vendor Management Skills.
- Experience with supply chain and merchandising systems is required, JDA is preferred.
- Knowledge of report writing software, Business Object experience is preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills: proficient in Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Strong database management and data entry skills.
- Retail industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale systems is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with a wide range of associates, teams, supervisors, directors, customers and vendors.
- Organized and detail oriented even in a fast pace environment.
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.