The Substance Use Disorder Treatment Policy Consultant will provide support for major service delivery design and implementation in the area of substance use disorder treatment in accordance with state and federal regulations and mandates.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Taking lead responsibility for policy development and implementation of the services provided by major program areas, and projects overseen and managed by the Behavioral Health Division.
- Assist in the development of strategies for how substance use disorder treatment activity will be funded, managed, delivered, and evaluated.
- Policy development and implementation for statewide treatment initiatives; treatment services coordination.
- Provider support services and technical assistance, and outreach and local capacity building.
- Identify obstacles, propose resolutions and design implementation plans to achieve identified goals for projects.
- Will be involved with short-term and long-term substance use disorder treatment reform efforts of the Behavioral Health Division, the development and management of demonstrations of alternative delivery of substance use disorder treatment, local and regional outreach support, training and technical assistance to county and tribal social service agencies, public health agencies, providers, interested groups and other organizations in order to strengthen local capacity.
- Three (3) years of professional experience with development of social service programs or policy development in a social service or non-profit field.
Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Plan, develop or evaluate programs or community-based resources; and
- Identify and evaluate information/data to develop policy and program management recommendations.
- Understanding of federal/state law and polices relating to treatment strategies.
- Bill and rule drafting and statutory interpretation.
- Roles and relationships of county, tribal, state, and federal governments.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
This position is located in Minnesota's great capital city, St. Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees subsidies for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO "Green Line" Light Rail Train to work! The 10th Street Station is located close by.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Patricia Maguire at Patricia.Maguire@state.mn.us
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID#/number to Yakeata Lubitz at Yakeata.Lubitz@state.mn.us by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.