Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Business Analytics Manager opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Business Analytics Manager is responsible for conducting analysis and reporting to provide actionable insights and recommendations to Sales, Marketing, and related internal functions to support achievement of brand objectives.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and leverage advanced analytical expertise to support field sales and internal partners to prioritize, develop and improve upon key reporting metrics and performance indicators around brand objectives to enable better and more informed business decisions.
- Design and manage complex projects applying advanced analytics techniques to conduct rigorous analyses to uncover new business opportunities and insights and to support the development of actionable strategic and tactical recommendations based on the findings
- Apply best practices to design, efficiently conduct, and strategically align ad hoc analyses as needed to support evolving business requirements and to provide timely business insights.
- Collaborate with and mobilize other operational stakeholders to define, develop and maintain business rules and data models in alignment with internal policies and business needs.
- Provide recommendations on various statistical modeling techniques to apply within analytical projects and mentor others on the use and application on those modeling techniques.
- Manage projects to include resource mobilization, vendor selection and engagement, definition of scope and requirements, and achievement of timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Lead and manage external relationships with vendors, consultants and commercial partners to achieve business objectives.
- Manage, and support collaboration with marketing sciences, IC, and other analytical, reporting, and business functions on initiatives to include field force sizing and alignment, call targeting, customer segmentation, customer valuation, promotional response modeling, promotional mix optimization, sample and program utilization, ROI assessments and others
- Maintain high degree of proficiency among data systems, programs, and software resources, support data quality control and acquisition and maintenance of ad hoc analytical environments, to ensure optimal and efficient achievement of department objectives
- Achievement of Sales & Marketing goals.
This position is an individual contributor role reporting into Assistant Director, Business Analytics.
This position requires close collaboration with Data Governance, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Health Systems, Incentive Compensation, Commercial Technology, Business Insights, and Customer Engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in Business related field or the sciences with courses focused on quantitative techniques.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively expanding experience in analytics, including data manipulation, statistically rigorous analysis, and sales analytics within the pharmaceutical or healthcare related industry.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and influence all levels of employees including senior management.
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced, team environment, adapt to changing priorities, and independently lead cross-functional projects of high complexity.
- Demonstrated experience working with various business intelligence and data visualization tools.
- Excellent skills in the following areas: project management, organization, written and verbal communication, accuracy, personal initiative, autonomy, and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative to proactively evaluate existing sales strategies and recommend changes, when appropriate.
- Experience with analytical approach to call plan development, territory alignment, customer/product segmentation, or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of experience applying statistics, modeling, and simulation techniques in complex analytical projects to deliver actionable solutions to business questions.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, proficiency with SQL, experience in R, SAS, or similar language.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem.
- Ability to independently design, implement, and validate simulations and models in R, SAS or similar language.
- Advanced degree in quantitative field or equivalent experience with strong business acumen.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Location IL, Northbrook
Category Commercial Operations