Under the general supervision of the Central Records Division, the Administrative Assistant will provide support to the immediate supervisor of the Bonding Section and Bail Bond Board.
- Duties and Responsibilities:Performs administrative/secretarial duties for the Harris County Bail Bond Board and coordinates with Bail Bonds Board Chairman for signatures and letters
- Prepares agendas for monthly meetings, keeps records and prepares reports
- Records monthly bail bonds board meeting, type and post results on bulletins boards
- Answers phone calls and provide bonding information to the general public, bonding companies and other agencies
- Prepares licenses for newly approved bondsman; assign license numbers and make an entry in JIMS and (CRM) Criminal Code Table Maintains bondsmen and attorney security (collateral) in CRM.
- Maintains files on bonding companies and attorneys
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or necessary
*Qualified candidates will receive an e-mail request with instructions to take the HCSO Administrative Staff Skills test. Candidates that fail to take the test within the allowed time frame (5 business days from notice) will be disqualified.
Current HCSO employees will be given preferred consideration if deemed qualified.
- Associate's degree in Business Administration or a closely related field from an accredited college or university; and two (2) years of professional experience in an office environment; OR
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalency from an accredited educational institution; and four (4) years of professional experience with an agency with greater than 50 employees may substitute for an associate's degree
- Must pass the "HCSO Administrative Staff Skills Test" with a minimum score of 85% and a typing speed of 45 WPM with 80% accuracy
- Knowledge of JIMS, Insight and sign on code or the ability to become proficient shortly after hire
- Knowledge of Federal and State Laws rules and regulations of the Sheriff's Office
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access)
- Strong organizational and customer relations skills are a must
- Excellent time management skills and effectively prioritize and schedule multiple tasks/initiatives
- Excellent verbal communications skills to use good phone etiquette and otherwise effectively communicate with co-workers, the general public, vendors, and governmental representative.
- Excellent written communication with proper use of grammar, correct spelling and punctuation
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Demonstrate the ability to be a self-starter, work well independently and as a team; and, to meet program objectives
- Ability to assume ownership in completing assigned tasks
- Ability to exemplify professional manner in all circumstances
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential information
- Ability to use simple formats and filing systems
- Ability to work overtime and/or varying duty hours as deemed necessary; with an excellent attendance record.
Meeting minimum qualifications will not guarantee an interview or a selection for hire.
- Previous experience working with bail bonds
- Bilingual in Spanish
Harris County Sheriff's Office employees are exposed to confidential and law enforcement sensitive information. A thorough background investigation is required to properly evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment. It is essential that you provide accurate information in all aspects of the process. The process will end for applicants who fail to provide truthful information.
The following documents will be required for background investigation, to expedite the recruitment process make sure to upload/attach copies of these documents to your application:
- 40 Hours a Week Monday - Friday
- Overtime, Early mornings, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays as required.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
- Proof of citizenship or proof of authorization to work and reside in the U.S. (birth or naturalization certificate, permanent residency card)
- State issued Driver's License or State issued ID
- Social Security Card
- Proof of education (copy of High School Diploma or G.E.D., copy of college transcripts - If hired a sealed official copy of college transcripts will be required)