Come work for the MnDOT the nation’s leader in the Transportation industry!
MnDOT may fill up to 30 Transportation Generalist/Emergency Snowplow Operator positions at various truck stations within SE MN, which may include the following locations: Austin, Albert Lea, Caledonia, Cannon Falls, Dodge Center, Dresbach, Faribault, LaCrescent, Northfield, Owatonna, Preston, Red Wing, Rochester, Rushford, St Charles, Stewartville, Wabasha, Winona, and Zumbrota.
Some examples of work are listed below and not limited to the following:
- Maintains roadways for snow and ice control
- Prepares and inspects winter equipment
- Performs preseason snow route inspection and performs post storm cleanup
- Performs winter stockpile setup and transfer of anti-icing and de-icing chemicals
- Maintain documentation on snow and ice data for accurate reporting of inventory and resource management
- Performs traffic control set-ups and/or provides notification to dispatch of disabled vehicles
HOURS OF WORK
- During a snow & ice operations employees are typically split into an A or B Shift, 12:00 am - 12:00 pm (A shift) or 12:00 pm - 12:00 am (B shift); an employee may be asked to work 8-hours of work or more depending on the length of the event. Emergency snowplow operators are fill in drivers; they fill in for regular operators who are not available. Hours may include overtime or various shifts depending on emergency situations and will include working nights, weekends and holidays. Incumbents must have immediate access to a phone and be able to report to work within one-hour of being called.
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota.
NOTE: Your resume must clearly address the required experiences/skills listed below in order to continue in the hiring process.
- One year of experience performing activities in snow and ice, soils, road surface maintenance, roadside maintenance, bridge maintenance, signs or related activities (roadway maintenance, driving commercial vehicles, landscaping, operating heavy equipment or farm experience)
- Valid Commercial Drivers' License, Class A or B with no air brake restriction. YOU MUST LIST COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE WITH NO AIR BRAKE RESTRICTION AND ANY AND ALL ENDORSEMENTS/CERTIFICATIONS ON YOUR RESUME.
- Working knowledge of English sufficient to read, write, speak and understand oral and written information; communicate with employees and the general public in-person or via two-way radio and other electronic devices; and to maintain routine written logs and simple records.
NOTE: Veterans may be eligible for a waiver of CDL based on military experience. Please contact your County Veteran Service Officer (http://www.minnesotaveteran.org/cvso/ ) to obtain a copy of your VMET DD2586.
- Go to www.mn.gov/mmb/careers/
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 21487 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Internet Job Board – Indeed.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/mmb/careers/ will be considered.
Contact for additional information:
Lena Garcia, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist
Job Type: Temporary