To provide customer service for walk-in and over the phone customers. This position requires a high level of product knowledge and excellent customer service skills. An inside salesperson should be able to uncover a customer’s needs and sell products that satisfy those requirements.
To provide service to customers for product information, loading and general information. Must safely operate equipment to load customers and maintain facility. This position must keep the store and all outside areas of the facility clean and orderly. Assists store manager with inventory control.
- Must be able to state all terms & conditions of a sale.
- Must possess good problem solving skills
- Must be able to use reference manuals to research and answer customer questions.
- Appearance should be neat and clean with uniforms worn per company policy.
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must work in coordination with management, outside sales, dispatch, purchasing and yard personnel.
- Must be able to follow through with all commitments involving customers.
- Must act as part of a team to promote an atmosphere that is conducive to a profitable and efficient work environment.
- Closing Store (including Balancing Cash Drawer)
- Good Selling skills for "add-on" sales
- Good Selling skills for "up-grade" sales
- Excellent knowledge in the use of all point of sale computer programs
- The ability to take orders accurately for delivery and schedule with dispatch.
- The ability to schedule installs for customers
- Basic geometry and math skills.
- Process orders (including special orders) per company policy
- Should be familiar with all polices and procedures in the company manual.
- Perform "add-on" and "up-grade" sales techniques.
- Respond quickly to customer’s needs.
- Must be knowledgeable about products and usage.
- Must be courteous to customers per company policy and procedure.
- Must work as part of a team in assisting fellow employees during the work day.
- Must dress in company uniform and be clean and well groomed.
- All orders must be pulled with efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to safely operate all machinery necessary to perform their job duties.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Must perform routine equipment maintenance at the direction of the store manager.
- Load customers in a safe manner.
- Must warn customers when the loading procedure might cause damage to their vehicle and send those customers to the store for instruction.
- Know proper procedures for handling spills.
- Should stock or return inventory to the proper place, and immediately report any defects to a supervisor.
- Must maintain and keep clean areas of responsibility.
- Must be familiar with and work accordingly with regard to all company policies and procedures.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Answering phones.
- Operating computers.
- Stooping, bending and twisting.
- Lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Walking uneven terrain.
What You’ll Like About Us:
Great Company Culture. Our people share a competitive drive for excellence in an environment of trust, teamwork, open-mindedness, and communication.
Safe. We are an industry leader in health and safety standards. We are committed to creating a safe work environment and protecting all employees and customers.
Meaningful Work. What sets us apart is the work we do impacts daily lives – and every employee contributes. Our aggregates produced are used to build roads, schools, hospitals, airports, and housing throughout the United States.
Health Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision programs, plus much more.
Rest and Relaxation. Paid vacation, personal floating days, and paid holidays.
Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with company match and contribution.
Training and Development. We see our development programs, and helping our employees meet their goals, as a key part of our business.
Vulcan Materials Company is committed to employing a diverse workforce. You will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. You also have the right to be free from discrimination for medical needs arising from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Forklift Operator: 3 years (Preferred)
- warehouse: 2 years (Preferred)