Position Summary – abc carpet & home is seeking a Customer Service Representative, eCommerce as we continue to grow our digital presence. The Customer Service Representative is the first point of contact when a customer reaches out via Phone, Email, Social Media, or Mail. This individual must provide excellent customer services and resolve customer complaints & issues in a timely manner. This individual will report into our Director, Fulfillment.
Job Description Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assisting customers with order status, sale and return inquiries.
- Open and update customer accounts, as needed.
- Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions as well as suggesting information about other products.
- Maintains customer records and profiles with accuracy.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure problem resolution.
- Assisting customers with product and store issues, regardless of place of purchase.
- Verify pricing, discounts, billing, shipping addresses, credit status’, and inform customers of any problems. Notify customer of product backorders and anticipated availability.
- Process customer returns, determine nature and reason for return and assess if product is returnable. Correct and reship incorrect orders.
- Process related customer paperwork and credits. Send returned products to quality control for check.
- Effective inter-company communication with sales directors, marketing, logistics and buying to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist with operations including order processing, inventory management, and product updates.
- Process customer adjustments with appropriate contact with customer.
- Be able to recognize deficiencies and collaborate with solutions.
- Provide reports as needed.
- Communicate information with store management, customer service, sales and coworkers as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in related field.
- 1-2 years retail or customer service experience preferably in e-commerce.
- Working knowledge of AS400, POS system, UPS Systems, Microsoft Office, and products.
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and selling skills.
- Must have sense of urgency, efficiency and ability to adapt and multi-task.
- Must embody and be able to explain company mission and philosophy to customers.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.
ABC Carpet & Home offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. ABC Carpet & Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- call center: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- cash handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Communication method(s) used:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity