* Bonus' and Housing options available for qualified applicants *
Team Placement Service is looking for Registered Nurses to work at NIH! Working at NIH not only gives you a chance to grow professionally, it also adds to your resume. This can be a local or traveler’s position for Registered Nurses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of a designated patient population’s physical, psychosocial and educational needs. Identifies goals and evaluates the patient’s response to interventions.
- Provides the patient and family/significant other with information (oral, written or audio-visual) regarding diagnosis treatment, potential side effects, symptom management, and resources available within and outside MGUH. This may be face-to-face or via telephone.
- Administers chemotherapy, immunotherapy and blood products according to policy and procedure. Obtains blood samples from central venous access devices according to policy and procedure.
- Provides psychosocial support to patient/family/significant other throughout their care experience. The nurse identifies and coordinates resources for the patient, i.e., counseling services, support groups, etc.
- Supports biomedical research at the Lombardi Cancer Research Center through specimen collection, patient education and continuous review of current research and new technologies.
- Contributes to his/her own professional growth and development through attendance at national and/or regional conferences, reading and sharing current literature, and identifying knowledge or skill needs.
- Triages patients who “walk in" to the outpatient department. Identifies and prioritizes needs, initiates appropriate treatment(s) and communicates with the clinical fellow, attending physician and, if applicable, nurse practitioner/physician assistant.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to the position and area.
Full Time RN for Adult Oncology Inpatient Unit
- Requires 2+ years of recent acute Oncology of Medical Surgical experience. ONS Chemo Bio certification preferred but not required
- Schedule full time days 8 and 12 hr shifts with some rotation to evenings (3 pm-11:30 pm) as needed by unit.
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited university; or a diploma graduate in Nursing from an accredited university or an associate degree in Nursing from an accredited university.
- Successfully passed National Council License Examination (NCLEX).
Job Type: Full-time
- Oncology: 2 years (Preferred)
- RN: 2 years (Required)
Relocation Assistance Provided: