At Academic Approach, we value the worth of learning for all individuals, and we work to rethink and reshape the role of standardized testing in a student’s education journey. That starts with highly personalized 1-on-1 instruction that focuses on building skills that will last beyond the college admissions process.
Enjoy the support of Academic Approach's expert directors, in-depth training, and extensive curriculum. We are confident that you will raise scores, build skills, and empower students to achieve their goals.
Apply now for employment with purpose!
This Full-Time Tutor position will be based out of our Clarendon Hills office, serving Chicago's Western Suburbs.
Meaningfully impact students’ lives
- Benefit from Academic Approach’s nineteen years of experience.
- The preparation you will provide students will aid in admission to their dream university or help them earn a scholarship that helps make college a reality.
- 1-on-1 tutors will learn how to deliver instruction with the unique needs of each student in mind.
In-person paid training with individualized test preparation curriculum
- Work with veteran tutors and other staff members to hone your teaching skills, master relevant content, and develop your own individual tutoring and teaching style.
- You will receive our industry-leading curriculum to use with your students, but you will also learn how to use student data to customize your approach so that no two programs look alike.
- After training, enjoy various opportunities for professional development and other activities that help us build community in our organization.
Benefits of working for Academic Approach
- Competitive compensation.
- Our most successful tutors have been with us for over a decade.
- Full-time tutors receive medical, vision, dental, transit programs and 401(k).
What makes for a great Academic Approach instructor?
- A bachelor's degree in any subject or major.
- High standardized test scores.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to teach and mentor successfully in a 1-on-1 or classroom setting.
- Responsibility, honesty, and maturity.
- Friendliness, patience, and sensitivity to students of various backgrounds.
- Brings a sense of fun and support to a stressful time in a student’s life.
Academic Approach provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time