Join us at Cleveland Clinic Akron General Hospital, the No. 1 hospital in the Akron Metropolitan Area, where we have been providing world-class care to our community for over 100 years. At Akron General, we strive for patient-centered care and comfort with our collaborative team of healthcare professionals. We are committed to serving the community and treat our patients as family.
As a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE), you will be providing timely, non-judgmental, compassionate care to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, elder abuse, and assist patients with human trafficking concerns. You will also set up protocols for a forensic exam, prophylaxis for pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, photographic documentation, and more. Your primary duties will include:
- Performing and documenting sexual assault and providing forensic consultation and exams.
- Performing a complete physical and forensic evidence collection examination including Head-to-Toe assessment for trauma, detailed genital examination, and more while reporting when appropriate.
- Maintaining professional standards while not creating conflict of interests with employment or patient care.
- Maintaining equipment in proper working condition.
- Documenting detailed injuries accurately with support of photographic evidence.
The ideal caregiver is someone who:
- Can provide compassionate and empathetic patient-centered care.
- Works well in a teambuilding environment.
- Has knowledge and training through the International Associate of Forensic Nursing (IAFN)
- Can be decisive in stressful situations.
- Has effective communication skills.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth, delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning, exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where opportunities to advance and the support to get there go hand-in-hand.