Are you passionate about enabling data to create value? Do you have strong SQL skills and great attention to detail? We are seeking a Data QA Analyst who will ensure the highest quality of data and data documentation to enable data-driven decisions across the organization.
The ideal candidate will bring strong technical skills in data extraction and manipulation, testing and validations of large amounts of data sets, business mindset for approaching problems and a passion for comprehensive documentation. This is the perfect opportunity for someone to gain valuable experience and enable data driven decisions at a high-growth, mobile commerce company.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of data, definitions, tables and schemas across multiple data systems using internal and external data management systems.
- Ensure high-quality and accurate customer data is delivered into our analytics platform. Troubleshoot and resolve complex data quality issues.
- Help build and maintain an effective data QA and testing procedure for our data and analytics service offerings.
- Plan and execute on periodic data QA sprints. Run recurring data audits using SQL and proactively identify existing data quality and integrity issues that affect the accuracy of reporting. Provide recommendations on dealing with missing data.
- Collaborate with developers and engineers on geographically-diverse teams to ensure appropriate documentation and quality of any data additions and changes.
- Implement new data definitions/update data definitions per business requirements.
- Participate in data QA sprint planning with Data Engineering team and ensure proper test coverage and testability within development sprints. Write clear and actionable test plans.
- Triage and report bugs throughout our data pipeline. Escalate defect reports and critical issues to engineering teams and collaborate with them to prioritize defect resolution. Take ownership of communicating changes to the appropriate end-users.
- Create reports and dashboards in BI tools such as Looker. Monitor trends in relevant metrics to stay on top of key business metrics.
- Champion internal and external tools to bring-in automation at various steps of data management. Contribute to constantly improving best practices.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent degree with 3+ years of relevant experience as data QA technician/ data QA analyst/Data specialist. Degree in a quantitative data related field is a huge plus.
- Proficiency in SQL. Knowledge of other programming languages and experience with external API integrations is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with Data QA methodology and standard processes.
- Strong debugging skills. Great attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with testing ETLs and knowledge of different Data technology stacks is a huge plus.
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting and analytical problem solving abilities.
- Experience in writing scripts or programs to analyze/validate large data sets.
- Ability to convert complex business, technical requirements, use cases, and user stories to test cases and test plans.
- Hands-on experience with defect management tools such as Jira.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able communicate with other functional teams to coordinate systems integration testing requirements.
Please note that Poshmark will not be able to sponsor work-related visa for this role.
Founded in 2011, Poshmark is the largest social marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their style with others. Poshmark's mission is to make shopping simple and fun by connecting people around a shared love of fashion, while empowering entrepreneurs to become the next generation of retailers. Recognized as the go-to shopping destination for millennials, Poshmark's community of over four million Seller Stylists help shoppers discover the perfect look from over 75 million items and 5,000 brands. The company is backed by the world's leading investment firms and venture capital institutions including Mayfield ( http://www.mayfield.com/ ), Menlo Ventures ( https://menlovc.com/ ), GGV Capital ( http://www.ggvc.com/ ), Temasek ( http://www.temasek.com.sg/ ), Inventus Capital ( http://inventuscap.com/ ), Uncork Capital ( http://www.uncorkcapital.com ), Union Grove Venture Partners ( https://ugvp.com/ ), Shea Ventures ( http://www.jfshea.com/ ) and AngelList ( https://angel.co/ ). For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com ( http://www.poshmark.com/ ), or find us on Instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/poshmark/ ), Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/Poshmark/ ), Twitter ( https://twitter.com/poshmarkapp ), Pinterest ( https://www.pinterest.com/poshmark/ ) and Snapchat ( https://www.snapchat.com/add/teamposhmark ).
Here's what we'll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsored health, dental and vision plans
- A 15" MacBook Pro and smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible Vacation / Paid Time Off Policy
- Parental Leave
- Healthy and exciting lunches and snacks offered daily
- Personal Style Encouraged (or not, whatever you're in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events