Full Job Description
Position Title: Clinical Supervisor
Department: Behavioral Health
Reports To: Director of Behavioral Health
Position Status: Full time, Exempt
The Clinical Supervisor directly manages master’s level behavioral health therapists providing long
term psychotherapy services in an integrated primary care setting. This position provides
individual and group clinical supervision and ensures that staff are trained on and use trauma-
informed, evidence based models of care. Develops, maintains and reports on program evaluation
metrics and ensures program fidelity. Provides part time psychotherapy services to children,
adolescent and adults.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinates counseling activities including assigning cases, coordinating clinical
supervision, communicating with and providing monthly therapist schedules.
2. Orients and trains new staff on trauma-informed framework and models of therapy.
3. Oversees and assures staff productivity and clinical direction of treatment.
4. Provides trauma-informed psychotherapy services to children, adolescents and adults.
5. Provides training and educational programs for community members, PrimeCare primary care staff
6. Work with the Continuous Quality Improvement department to measure, monitor and ensure strong
clinical and related program outcomes.
7. Works in coordination with administrative staff to assure accurate insurance and billing by
8. Knowledge of Evidence Based Practices within the psychotherapy field and a commitment to a
harm reduction focus.
9. Knowledge of psychotropic and other relevant medications used in the primary care setting.
10. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Experience, or Licensure/Registration
1. Master’s degree in Social Work or PsyD in Psychology from an accredited institution.
2. LCSW or PsyD State of Illinois license.
3. 7-10 years post-graduate clinical work within a behavioral health setting
4. 3-5 years of supervisory experience within the behavioral health environment.
5. Understanding of the primary care clinic setting and behavioral health integration.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to work in an electronic health record.
7. Proven ability to communicate and foster effective working relationships with both providers
9. Ability to work with a diverse patient and staff population.
10. Present a positive, professional image to persons who have diverse interests and ideas.
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
2. Must be able to move around the clinic site 50% of the time
3. Constantly operates a computer, computer printer, copy machine, and telephone
4. Occasionally positions self to maintain exertion of physical strength to move objects of 10
pounds from one level to another.
5. Must be able to transport from one site to another.
6. Must be able to cover other shifts as necessary.
**PrimeCare Community Health is part of the National Health Service Corps, as such, you will be able to participate in their Loan Repayment Program. For more information please visit their website at https://bhw.hrsa.gov/loans-scholarships
PrimeCare Community Health is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Therefore, PrimeCare does not discriminate on the basis of creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital or parental status, alienage, disability, political affiliation or belief, military or military discharge status.