CHS is seeking a FT (40 hours) PTA for our beautiful, 5 year old SNF in the Newburgh/Evansville area. Our facility provides care for rehab to home, long term, assisted living, Independent living, memory care and outpatient residents. We have a large 2000+ sq ft therapy department, plus a smaller 1200 sq ft gym. Our therapy department has Bio Dex, Bio Step, Omnicycle, Jintronix and Alter G equipment, plus ACP modalities. We have a full kitchen and laundry facilities for ADL retraining, plus walkways around a pond for gait training.
*Excellent pay and benefits
*Industry low productivity
*Patient centered care
*Mentoring for new therapist
Please apply directly to our website: www.chstherapy.com
Job Function Summary
The Physical Therapist Assistant (P.T.A.) performs physical therapy treatments under the clinical supervision of the Physical Therapist. The Physical Therapist Assistant participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of Physical Therapy.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide Physical Therapy treatments to patients according to treatment plans developed by the Physical Therapist.
- Assist the Physical Therapist when performing tests, evaluations, and complex treatment procedures.
- Observe, record and report to the Physical Therapist patient conditions, reactions and responses related to treatment.
- Maintain daily records of treatments and document progress notes on patients as directed by the Physical Therapist and company policy.
- Completes documentation in accordance with applicable federal and state laws and applicable standards and administrative and clinical requirements.
- Reports to work as scheduled.
Additional Job Functions
- Assist the Physical Therapist in consulting with family members, physicians and other health care professionals, as appropriate.
- Assist the Physical Therapist with in-service programs and other meetings as assigned by the Physical Therapist.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Act in compliance with CHS Policies and Procedures, State, Federal and Professional Organization regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Consistently utilizes appropriate treatment interventions for each patient served that are individualized and ensure appropriate level of challenge, sophistication, and complexity to facilitate maximal patient progress and outcomes.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Associate of science degree in Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Current license or eligible for license under statutes in the state of practice.
- Prefer minimum one (1) year rehabilitation experience serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility.
- Prefer active membership in the state and national professional organizations.
- Demonstrates competency in applying the principles, methods, materials and equipment used in Physical Therapy to the patient population served by this facility.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adequate computer skills in order to complete required job duties and computerized documentation.
- Ability to understand and follow the directions of the Physical Therapist and the policies and procedures of Creative Health Solutions.
- Strong organizational skills in order to effectively maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Requires creativity as well as ability to work independently.
Typical therapy clinic environment. Requires ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekends and travel.
Physical and Mental Activities, Tool and Equipment:
Ability to walk, bend, drive, stand, sit and reach constantly during an eight (8) hour day/shift. Ability to speak and hear to understand and give directions. Visual and auditory acuity sufficient to assess, and monitor patient/resident needs, maintain accurate records, understand directions and recognize people. Fine and gross motor skills. Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community. Work endurance ability to work eight (8) hour days/shifts. Reading and comprehension skills for analyzing reports, charts and correspondence. Possesses highly developed communication and problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Part-time