Requisition #: 9478
Entity/Department: Goshen Physicians / Orthopedics Office
Shift/Hours: Days / Full Time, 80 Hours Per Pay Period
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am – 5pm
Location: 1824 Dorchester Ct., Ste. A, Goshen, IN 46526-6819
About GP – Orthopedics & Sports Medicine: We’ve assembled an expert team of physicians and advanced practitioners dedicated to serving Goshen and surrounding communities. Our renowned, board-certified orthopedic surgeons at Goshen Physicians Orthopedics and Sports Medicine have more combined experience than anyone else in the region. In fact, our entire staff is highly trained and equipped with the latest technological advances. We believe in putting the most powerful tools imaginable in the most capable hands available. Our team is one of a kind, and they take great pride in providing a superior level of care
Candidate must hold active AAMA/CMA, LPN, or EMT Board certification or pass exam given by any credentialing agency that meets the needs for computerized order entry.
The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for the coordination and scheduling of appointments for surgical patients: pre-screening, medical clearance, surgery, referrals, diagnostic testing, physical therapy and post-operative. Coordinates and processes appropriate authorizations, including communication of insurance requirements to patients and providers. Serves as a liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies, and the building and maintaining relationships with physician offices. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with patients and their families, physicians, and external customers.
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited career/vocational school with a medical assisting degree, certificate or diploma or completion of basic or advanced EMT course or High school diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of two years office experience in field of specialty.
- Minimum Experience: General knowledge of computer software and practice management databases is essential.
- Preferred Experience: Two to four years of experience in a physician office environment. Proficiency in medical terminology preferred.
- Certifications Required: Hold active CCMA/CMA/NRCMA/RMA Board certification or pass exam given by any credentialing agency for medical assistants to be considered a “credentialed medical assistant or hold an active EMT Certification or CPOEP (Order Entry Certification) must be registered to obtain within the initial 6 months of employment to qualify for the position. Must maintain license, certification and or credentials in good status to perform required job duties. CPR certification.
- Compensation: Tuition assistance for continuing education, competitive pay
- Benefits: Health benefits, paid time off & child care reimbursement
- Professional Development: Ongoing in-services and leadership development
- Recognition: Magnet designation for the first time in 2004 and achieved re-designation in 2009, 2014 and 2019
- Culture: Unique TUL (The Uncommon Leader) culture empowers Colleagues at Goshen to lead change and advance practice.
Location: Goshen Health · Phys Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
Schedule: Full Time, Days, M/F 8-5
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday