Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in 56 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
About KOTA/KEVN Rapid City:
KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates located in Rapid City SD at the base of the beautiful Black Hills. Celebrating decades of service and as a local news leader, KOTA & KEVN is currently in the process of re-modeling and expanding our facilities to bring state of the art technology to the Black Hills region. This project will be completed in early fall of 2017 and will feature new sets, all new furniture, state-of- the-art technology in a 20,000 sq. ft. facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands with separate on-air talent dedicated to local news. KOTA & KEVN are dedicated to informing the public, utilizing television, social media and the area’s only local live-streaming newscast. Our team produces six (6) daily news casts M-F and six (6) newscasts each weekend.
KOTA & KEVN are located in the Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 172, a community of approximately 100,000 HH.
Learn more about KOTA & KEVN at, www.kotatv.com & www.blackhillsfox.com
KOTA/KEVN-TV in Rapid City have an immediate opening for a local advertising sales account executive. This Account Executive will be responsible for achieving sales revenue goals through the selling of commercial advertising time and digital media products to new and existing clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess the market and potential of prospective accounts and meet with local businesses to learn about their marketing needs.
- Responsible for implementing the company’s advertising platforms and marketing strategy, identifying and qualifying leads while consistently closing business in order to meet or exceed their sales quota.
- Accurately, and on a timely basis, document sales and customer service activities, and process appropriate paperwork.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Compliance with all company, station, and governmental regulations is required. • Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required, 2-4 years of outside sales experience preferred
- Must have excellent driving record and reliable transportation, ability to move freely around sales territory and various work environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Position may from time to time require lifting of items associated with station events and promotions
***KEVN-TV / Gray Television Group, Inc. participates in E-Verify, is a drug-free company and requires pre-employment drug testing. Also, if applicable to the position, MVR/Driver’s review and testing.
**Work schedule may vary depending on station and client needs. Occasional overnight travel may be required.