SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING APPRENTICE - TEMPORARY
- General clean-up and maintenance of work areas
- Move and operate heavy equipment
- Drive and maneuver boom and scissor lifts
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed
- Must adhere to proper safety guidelines at all times
- Assist certified technician in holding boundaries as needed throughout the shift
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Brownsville, TX
- SHIFT: First, Second, Third (shift may vary based on site operational needs)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Hands-on experience working with power tools
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility
- Ability to read, understand, and work to specifications and drawings
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A positive, upbeat attitude and ability to perform work expectations and thrive in a high-stress environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment and communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people
- Must be physically capable of performing manual labor tasks, including lifting up to 25 lbs. (unassisted)
- Ability to work in a high-concentration, high-stress environment requiring prolonged mental concentration
- Ability to work at heights over 30 feet
- Willingness to learn in the field of non-destructive testing and accumulate on-the-job training in various methods
- Ability to attend and pass required 40 hour radiation safety class
- Must be able to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work all shifts, overtime and weekends as needed based on site priority; flexibility required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here ( https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_kb_article_page&sys_id=24d528fddbfc930044f9ff621f961987 ).
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.