Linux Systems Administrator
- Degree in Computer Science, CIS or equivalent work experience is required.
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- 5+ years of experience in a system administration/engineering position with Linux, Unix and some Window Servers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in network administration (DNS, VIPs, SSL Certs, Load balancing, and VPN).
- Strong web experience dealing with production websites that host over 1 Million customers.
- Strong experience with AWS, VMware and local datacenter infrastructure.
- Strong experience in java based application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss and container based technology.
- Strong experience in web servers such as Apache, Nginx and Varnish.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion and Git.
- Strong experience with CI/CD using automated deployment tools.
- Experience with at least one of the following programming/scripting languages (Java, Python, Bash).
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Ansible, uDeploy, Puppet or Chef.
- Knowledge of best practices in release management with Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Nagios, appDynamics, Splunk, New Relic, etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Team player who is required to participate in an on call rotation (includes evenings, weekends and occasional holidays).Under general direction of manager and technical leadership of team lead, perform storage administration and management tasks including: install, administer, monitor and troubleshoot the storage environment (SAN/NAS/Backup).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provisioning storage based on standardized procedures
- Configuration and layout of storage infrastructure
- Storage migration
- Perform day to day storage management, familiar with all storage systems and backup environments
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or closely related fields
- Minimum 4 years storage administrator experience.
- Strong understanding of Storage technologies (SAN/NAS/Backup).
- Familiar with EMC Clariion, VNX, VMAX, Celerra, Isilon, DataDomain, Avamar