PSECU, a high-tech, progressive financial institution with more than $5 billion in assets, is seeking to fill a Support Technician position. The Support Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of PSECU’s desktop computing environment.
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits and great work environment. Along with excellent medical and retirement programs and a generous leave package, our workplace offers tuition reimbursement.
Monday- Friday – 8:00am-4:00pm
Candidate must be bondable and credit worthy.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for this position:
- Responsible for timely acknowledgement and completion of all assigned Support Desk incidents through our incident management system.
- Resolve support calls within established Service Level Agreements.
- Assist in maintaining internal security controls for the unit.
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy of the IT Support asset management system.
- Responsible for obtaining quotes and ordering PCs and other related peripherals.
- Configure, install and support the various IT related equipment at our remote locations.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation and removal.
- Assist with maintaining documentation in the IT Support Knowledge Management System.
- Create and update all necessary installation and configuration documentation as it relates to deploying and maintaining the PC environment.
Meeting Room Support
- Respond to and support the various meeting room technologies and digital displays.
- Ensure all meeting room equipment is set up and working properly. This includes audio, video and PC equipment.
- Responsible for effectively identifying and managing risks for the unit.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of desktop computer functionality.
- Should possess a basic understanding of computer networking.
- Must maintain knowledge of technological advancements through industry publications, workshops, online training and certifications.
- Responsible for orderly maintenance of work area and computer rooms.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operations of the Information Technology Department.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for all PSECU Bargaining Unit:
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Non-essential:
- Knowledge - Must be familiar with normal interpretation of Credit Union’s operating principles, mission statement, products, policies and procedures. Must be familiar with federal and state regulations, if applicable, as they apply to the unit.
- Workflow Management - Ability to effectively manage volume of work assignments. Ability to operate computer systems and other office equipment and perform calculations essential to this position in order to meet unit standards. Ability to type 25 to 35 words per minute, proficiency with required software, and have working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs, as needed within scope of job.
- Judgment - Exercise good judgment and appropriate decision making within scope of job.
- Communication - Ability to interpret needs and respond using effective oral and/or written communication skills and proper action to meet member and/or internal customer needs. Ability to communicate honestly with manager regarding individual development needs and improvement of unit functions. Ability to communicate effectively with outside professionals as needed within scope of job.
- Relationship Management - Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, members and other business contacts of PSECU. Demonstrate PSECU’s Operating Principles of PRIDE (Partnership, Reliability, Improvement, Dedication, and Ethics).
- Attendance - Regular and consistent attendance is required to maintain acceptable performance standards and routine duties of the position within the normal operational guidelines of the unit.
- Confidentiality - Confidentiality and document control is essential to this position to ensure member data is secure and protected from compromise.
- Creditworthiness - Must meet creditworthiness standards (as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement).
- Bondable - Must notify Human Resources in writing of conviction involving dishonesty, breach of trust or violation of the Pennsylvania Credit Union Code (17 Pa. S. C. A. 101 et seq.) during the course of employment with PSECU.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND SENSORY ABILITIES:
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintains an organized work area.
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, i.e., for typing or writing.
- Lifting and carrying containers weighing as much as 20-30 pounds, i.e., to/from building and vehicle, to a storage area
- Sitting for long periods of time, i.e., at a desk, in meetings.
- Ability to reach above, at and below the waist.
- Ability to reach above, at and below shoulder level.
- Occasional bending, kneeling, stooping and/or squatting.
- Visual acuity.
- Auditory acuity.
- This position may be advertised in the public media.
- Appointment to this position is subject to the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Applicant may be required to complete one or more pre-employment assessments and/or testing.
- This position may be subject to telephone monitoring to assure quality member communications.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
And one-year experience supporting PC hardware, software, and printers,
Or any equivalent combination of experience and education.