Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! HNTB is currently seeking a Project Manager I - Engineering / Aviation in our Los Angeles, CA office.
This opportunity will take the lead in project managing some of the most innovative and transforming aviation infrastructure projects in southern California. Work with thought leaders and a team of top aviation engineers on several multi-million and billion-dollar projects in the LA area, including LAX, LAWA, and APM.
Responsible for the leadership and management of a team in support of the project’s profitable operation. Responsible for proactively managing the project's technical budget (direct labor and expenses, including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications and HNTB’s 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction on every project. Responsible for gross revenue of <$5M.
Performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specification and plan preparation to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
Implements the firm’s project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
Coordinates work efforts and reviews of work performed by project team. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and divisions.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Project Manager I - Engineering / Aviation
- Analysis, design and detailing of aviation and transportation related structures and providing complete design efforts with minimal direction.
- Responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering designs that are responsive to project needs.
- Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
- Coordinates design development and/or assist in providing technical direction to the scope of projects; provides senior-level technical expertise on aviation projects associated with conceptual engineering, detailed engineering designs, and preparation of contracts for construction.
- Develops project design criteria, design calculations, construction details, quantities and cost estimates.
- Investigative hand and computer based analyses in support of assigned design tasks.
- Prepares and checks design drawings and/or specifications.
- Reviews and checks engineering work completed by others.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Coordinates with clients to define work programs and budgets, provide leadership in project planning and strategy including general oversight and planning, project management, project implementation, and ensuring quality of work products.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
8 years relevant experience
- Experience on aviation and/or airport projects
- Experience working on aviation proposal strategy and creation
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment:
Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
“EEO is the Law” Poster
“EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement