Technical Consultant, Professional Services (Remote work)
As a key member of Protegrity’ s Professional Services Group you will be responsible for implementing Protegrity solutions for our customers. This is a customer interfacing role that requires technical and client relationship skills. In this role you will be trained and expected to provide product knowledge and expertise that clearly establish credibility among our client’s existing and potential customers.
The ideal candidate should have a depth of experience in both, Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems and exposure to a few platforms - databases, Hadoop, application environments, etc. The candidate should have a degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, must be trainable and have strong interpersonal and customer-facing abilities and skills.
- Data Discovery at Customer sites.
- Assist in the creation of project plans and workflows.
- Implementation of Protegrity solutions. This will involve Protegrity and third party product (i.e. databases, operating systems, web services, networking, etc.) configuration and some development.
- Upgrading Customers from older versions to the latest version of Protegrity.
- Assist in providing demonstrations and training to customers AND internal teams on the Protegrity products.
- Help provide internal and external status reports and documentation
- Actively utilize SalesForce and other applications for data entry and recording
- Identifying new opportunities to help assist our Sales team.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Interact with Customers to provide Protegrity expertise while installing our products
- Utilize Protegrity Labs to reproduce customer configurations
- Demonstrate your skills with Database, programming or networks to successfully help Customers bring the software to Production.
- Create Upgrade procedures for existing Customers.
- Multitask between customers as new projects are starting and existing projects and coming to a close.
- Knowledge, proficiency and experience with one or more systems: Big Data / Hadoop platforms, Teradata, DB2, Oracle, MS-SQL.
- Programming skills and/or certification in one of the following languages - C++, C# or Java, Python, Regular Expressions.
- Experience in one of the Unix operating systems: RHEL, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX
- An exposure to implementing solutions to medium to large customers or projects.
- Travel as required (up to 50%).
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills.
- Experience in interacting and working with potential and existing customers
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Understanding of the role of technology in business related topologies.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to understand and write shell scripts and SQL scripts
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as HTTP, and TCP/IP.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science / Information Technologies
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME
Job Type: Full-time