Extended Job Title
Dental Hygienist -H82626
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691004 - Lamesa Smith Unit
This position is responsible for performing dental prophylactic services and providing education for the prevention and control of dental disease. Work is performed under supervision of dentist. Work is performed in usual clinic conditions; requires a high degree of contact with patients.
Professionally cleans teeth including scaling and polishing.
Practices infection control according to Policy and Procedure Manual.
Demonstrates oral hygiene instructions to patients using models to show proper methods of brushing teeth and gums, also use of flosser devices.
Maintains records and reports on patients.
Exposes and develops dental x-rays.
Performs dental cavity preventative treatment.
Complies with TDCJ and TTUHSC Policies and Procedures.
Notifies staff to order supplies or orders supplies themselves, if needed.
Performs related duties as needed; performs duties to aid and assist dental assistant and clerk in their absence.
Maintains ACA accreditation criteria.
Maintains x-ray audit report manual
Maintains OSHA MSDS manuals.
Security key log count.
Triage daily dental sick calls.
Performs daily dental chain intake
Establishes and maintains good working relationship with staff.
Remains alert and participates with team to maintain security..
Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications
Discussed During The Interview Process
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Lamesa Smith Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Performs other duties as assigned by the dental director.
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
- Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
- Employer paid liability insurance for all licensed employees.
- And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+ A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent. Completion of an approved dental hygiene training program. +License/Certification:+ Licensed to practice dental hygiene by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners. +Experience:+ One year of experience in dental hygiene.