Lazard is a publicly held financial advisory and asset management firm that engages in investment banking, asset management and other financial services primarily with institutional clients. The Firm operates from 42 cities across 27 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and Central and South America.
Lazard’s Private Capital Advisory Group (“PCA”) is a 60+ person global team with a Secondary/Capital Solutions Advisory business as well as a placement agent business that manages the raising of capital for Private Equity, Private Credit and Real Estate firms. PCA interacts primarily with institutional investors (sovereign wealth funds, public funds, corporate pension funds, foundations/endowments, financial institutions and asset managers). PCA is seeking to hire a Vice President with a minimum of six years of experience for its Primary Private Equity and Private Credit fund raising business. This person will play an important role as a Transaction Management team member alongside senior bankers supporting deal management activities primarily for North American based clients. The position will be based in New York and require periodic travel.
Primary Fund Raising Team
- Twenty one professionals based in North America, most of whom are in New York with access to the balance of the global PCA team as necessary
- Private Equity and Credit business run by four Managing Directors, three of whom are based in New York
- Candidate will directly report to two Director level Transaction Managers and be supported by a team of Analysts
- Assist in evaluating and tracking market developments (deals in market, participating investors, current events),
- Support several Transaction Management teams (3-5) as the junior banker in conducting fund due diligence, preparing marketing materials and being a point of contact with clients, ideally evolving to primary contact
- Communicate and strategize with the Private Equity and Private Credit Distribution Team throughout the marketing process to close investor commitments,
- Work with Analysts and Associates to prepare supporting materials required for communication of fund raising information to fund manager clients; communication occurs on a daily and weekly basis and includes coordinating investor roadshows; filtering and relaying investor feedback; completing due diligence requests, and detailing the overall status of the fund-raising.
- Opportunity to participate in the Secondary/Capital Solutions business as well as the Real Estate fund raising
- Strong writing skills required for marketing materials
- Organized and confident communicator internally and externally; ability to seamlessly manage senior client interaction
- Capacity to multi-task and to manage multiple elements of a fund raising
- Desire and ability to advance to a Director role as experience and contribution merit
- Credit and/or Private Equity fund raising experience preferred, either as a placement agent or internal investor relations team member