Director of Marketing and Communications, Administration Office
Reports to: Assistant Head of School for Administration
Trinity School of Midland seeks an accomplished Director of Marketing and Communications to be responsible for developing and communicating a marketing and communications strategy that will raise the school’s visibility and advance its brand. Reporting to the Assistant Head of School for Administration, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for brand management; media relations; community relations; all print, broadcast, electronic, and emergency communications; Trinity School’s website; and integrated reputation management and marketing.
Trinity School of Midland is a college preparatory community that provides a nurturing environment to enrich the mind, strengthen the body, enliven the soul, and inspire servant leadership.
- Serve on the Administrative Leadership Team, attending weekly meetings and other meetings as called and providing organization-wide leadership.
- Provide strategic oversight for all internal and external communications that is articulate and consistent with our brand.
- Engage in professional development to help stay current and knowledgeable on trends within the independent school industry.
- Manage the external website including content, ongoing search engine optimization, maintenance, and measurement.
- Provide end-to-end project management and coordination for digital marketing projects.
- Manage all social media accounts and develop a digital strategy consistent with the marketing and communications strategy.
- Lead the design and development of all marketing collateral, working closely with outside agencies as needed.
- Initiate and lead strategic initiatives intended to interest parents in sending students to independent schools.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Advancement to promote Trinity to prospective and current donors and alumni and provide support as needed to promote special fundraising events and other major giving opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Admission to promote Trinity to prospective students and families.
- Organize the Communications Committee by creating agendas, taking meeting minutes, and maintaining the Communications Committee materials.
- Proactively maintain favorable relations with Trinity internal and external audiences including alumni, parents, faculty, staff, the community, and the media.
- Work with various media outlets to build public awareness for Trinity School by creating and sending announcements and press releases for strategic events.
- Maintain Brand Guidelines and Trinity School Lexicon documents that provide directions on logo usage, font choices, color palettes, word usage, and the school’s corporate identity.
- Serve as the lead editor and copywriter for school publications including the school magazine, annual report, website, blog, postcards, and print ads.
- Act as the managing editor for the weekly electronic newsletter.
- Supervise the school’s event photography and videography, providing overall management of the process, including maintenance of the school photo archives. In some instances, may act as the photographer or videographer.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, English, or a closely related field.
- Relevant experience and proven track record in a similar position.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and strategies to include branding.
- Market research experience (survey tools, data collection and analysis).
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Copywriting and editing experience.
- Knowledge of electronic communication techniques and strategies to include website content management, email communications, and social media management.
- Knowledge of public relations procedures, techniques, and methods including working with the media.
- Excellent oral and written communications and organizational skills.
- Photography and videography experience are an asset, but not required.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with the Communications Team, parents, faculty, staff, prospective students and families, the community, and the media.
- Able to exercise initiative, independent judgment, and responsibility.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Able to manage simultaneous projects and multiple deadlines.
- Able to maintain a friendly and professional manner especially under stress.
- Willing and able to work nights, weekends, and irregular hours as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made, absent hardship.
- Standing, walking, and sitting for long periods of time. Usually needed intermittently for brief and long periods of time. Frequency may vary depending on activities and location.
- Frequent reaching and hand dexterity for handling motor skills equipment and clerical tasks (such as handwriting, handling a clipboard, index cards, or notebooks, use of the telephone, keyboard, operating office tools and machines); manipulating small and medium size objects.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 30 pounds.
- May deal with stressful situations in the normal course of duties, including a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- The work environment is primarily in a traditional climate-controlled office. Occasional gymnasium, and/or outdoor setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate, but occasionally high depending upon student population and activities. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions and/or outdoor weather conditions.
The information contained in this job description is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities or duties performed by this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should apply electronically by submitting the following information to Rocio Cantu, Director of Human Resources at [email protected]
- letter of introduction to include your reasons for interest in the job.
- resume to include educational background, relevant employment history, and references.
- completed Employment Application (Note: A “fillable” form can be downloaded at https://www.trinitymidland.org/careers)
Additional information about Trinity School of Midland can be accessed on the School’s website athttp://www.trinitymidland.org or by contacting Tim Jones, Acting Head of School, at: [email protected].
It is the policy of Trinity School to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all school-sponsored employee activities.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Trinity School of Midland will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Midland, TX 79707: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Marketing: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person