- Clean Driving Record
- Landscape Maintenance
- Sales Experience
- Construction Estimating
- Driver's License
Role and Responsibilities
The Account Manager position oversees a portfolio of our residential clients, serving as the primary point of contact for their assigned clientele, and is responsible for overall client satisfaction, property stewardship, and renewals. For each property within their portfolio, the account manager oversees all maintenance activity and identifies and upsells landscape enhancement opportunities. The position reports to the sales manager.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, with base maintenance value totaling approximately $700K.
- Identify and close approximately $500K in enhancement opportunities within the portfolio (tree work, seasonal décor, projects).
- Maintain a 90% renewal rate.
- Provide the best possible customer experience by identifying ways to surprise and delight them.
- Build & strengthen relationships with our customers by looking out for their best interests and helping them maximize the use, value, and beauty of their properties.
- Conduct property visits based on NWL’s customer-touch program
- Communicate with clients on a schedule consistent with NWL’s customer-touch program.
- Respond to all customer request and inquiries within 24 hours.
- Oversee all base maintenance activities, providing property-specific direction to all maintenance teams as needed (gardening notes, black-out dates, etc).
- Identify at-risk customers and work with the sales manager and team to identify save strategies.
- Estimate landscape projects in accordance with start clean/finish clean at appropriate NWL margins.
- Conduct project walk-throughs with clients upon project completion.
- Onboard new accounts according to our on-boarding protocol.
- Create & secure renewal contracts each year.
- Continue to serve as client’s main POC during winter season/snow removal.
- Master LMN - estimating, scheduling, SCFC process, schedules, job costing information, CRM, etc.
- Follow all company protocols, including using Dropbox for gardening notes, LMN use, google docs, etc.
- Attend appropriate internal meetings and training activities.
- Contribute ideas to and share challenges with the sales team for discussion; learn from others’ techniques & strategies.
- Build personal knowledge in areas needed to improve skill set – horticulture, estimating, hardscape & planting installation, consultative sales skills, service skills, communication, time management, etc.
- Participate in sales campaigns.
- Participate in the closing schedule.
- Engage in NWL winter projects by joining committees to help drive initiatives that will improve NWL operations and serving as the primary champion on at least one initiative.
- Behave in a manner consistent with NWL core values.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Someone who loves working with people.
- Possesses strong horticultural expertise and practice.
- 4+ years field experience working with customers in a landscape construction or garden design capacity.
- Sales & estimating experience.
- A degree in a related field preferred MCLP and MCH certifications are a plus.
- Customer-service oriented with strong communication and people skills.
- Team player with the drive to learn and grow as well as teach others.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
Travel in the field will be required more than 50% of the time. An external environment with all weather and terrain exposure.
Position Interacts with (indicate internal and external contacts)
Company management, staff, clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
This position promotes to Sales Manager or other applicable roles within the Company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Landscape: 4 years (Preferred)