We are currently hiring a EMR/EHR, HL7 & HIET Technical Consultant with experience working with electronic health records systems to assist with implementation of interfaces to external systems, reporting, and participation in health information exchanges.
6 months with possibility of extn.
W2 only (Unfortunately we can't work with Corp-to-Corp or Independent/1099 candidates for this requirement)
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- ASSISTS WITH THE IMPLEMENTATION AND CONTINUED OPERATION OF THE AGENCY'S ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS SYSTEM AND RELATED HEALTH CARE TECHNOLOGIES.
- ASSISTS IN THE EHR IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS, INCLUDING BUILD, TESTING, TRAINING, AND GO LIVE OF THE EHR SYSTEM IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE VENDOR.
- WORKS WITH SCDC STAFF AND VENDORS TO IMPLEMENT INTERFACES BETWEEN THE EHR SYSTEM AND EXTERNAL SYSTEMS SUCH AS THE SCDC OFFENDER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, LAB INFORMATION SYSTEM, PACS, PHARMACY, ETC.
- ASSISTS MANAGEMENT IN ESTABLISHING REPORTING REQUIREMENTS AND DEVELOPS REPORTS FROM THE NEXTGEN DATABASE.
- WORKS WITH VENDORS AND TECHNICAL STAFF FROM REGIONAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS TO PLAN AND IMPLEMENT SCDC PARTICIPATION IN PUBLIC AND /OR PRIVATE HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGES.
- WORKS WITH MEDICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS TO EVALUATE CURRENT PROCESSES AND IMPLEMENT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS TO REDUCE COSTS AND IMPROVE STAFF EFFICIENCY AND PATIENT CARE.
- EVALUATES AND RECOMMENDS EQUIPMENT FOR PURCHASE / LEASE.
- PROVIDES STATUS REPORTS TO MANAGEMENT.
- KNOWLEDGE OF ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS SYSTEMS, HEALTH CARE SPECIFIC DATA INTERFACE STANDARDS, AND HEALTH INFORMATION EXCHANGE TECHNOLOGIES.
- ABILITY TO MAKE PRESENTATIONS AND PREPARE REPORTS.
- EXPERIENCE WITH HL7 AND SQL.
- EXPERIENCE WITH CRYSTAL REPORTS.
- KNOWLEDGE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES AND METHODOLOGIES.
- ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY PLAN AND PRIORITIZE WORK ACTIVITIES TO MEET ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS, SCHEDULES, AND DEADLINES.
A BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, COMPUTER SCIENCE, MATHEMATICS, STATISTICS, INFORMATION SCIENCE, HEALTH ADMINISTRATION, BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE OR A RELATED FIELD AND EXPERIENCE IN HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc.
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Business Process Analysis, Re-engineering and Automation
Cyber Security Consulting
Project Management Consulting
Custom Application Development/Programming
IT Staffing - Contract & Permanent
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.