- Performs appropriately requested clinical laboratory analyses on all types of laboratory specimens, produces and documents accurate laboratory results for diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- May be required to perform phlebotomy for diagnostic testing on patients of all age groups.
- Adheres to Penn Medicine’s policies and procedures and conforms to all safety practices.
- Maintains specified laboratory documents required by various accreditation agencies.
- Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients.
BA/BS in biological sciences or chemical sciences with two years of clinical laboratory experience or equivalent, or BS in MT or MT (ASCP) without previous experience required. Position may require previous experience in a specialty area, and/or MT (ASCP) certification or eligible from approved school of medical technology or equivalent.
MLS Certification by a minimum knowledge based exam such as the Board of Certification (ASCP), equivalent or eligible to take such an exam preferred. Candidates holding current certification preferred and hired as MLS II.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.