Install, maintain, and monitor the operation of the WAN, LAN, and network management tools for a global Network Managed Service Provider (MSP). Manage and operate internal networks and related equipment, including cryptologic. Install new software, administer security procedures, ensure system back-ups, and monitor and control network performance. Troubleshoot highly complex LAN problems. Perform onsite engineering when required. Evaluate vendor products in hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment, recommend purchases consistent with short and long-term objectives and goals, and present information to management resulting in the purchase and installation of vendor product. Recommend and implement WAN and LAN policies and standards and ensure adherence to security procedures.
- 7+ years of experience as a network engineer or administrator, working with network hardware and software across the life cycle
- 3+ years of experience in WAN and LAN and technical solution architectures
- Knowledge of firewalls, routers, switches, and layer 2 and 3 protocols
- Knowledge of managing network configuration, VLANs, VRFs, routing, and subnets
- Knowledge of system and network architecture practices, tools, and methodologies
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Experience with COMSEC equipment and deployment
- Knowledge of data analytics tools used to capture client traffic flows and demonstrate trends and forecasts
- Knowledge of Cloud concepts, software defined networking, and other network technologies
- Ability to review and compose technical documentation related to client requirements
- BA or BS degree in a technical field or 4 years of experience with network hardware and software in a LAN or WAN environment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Juniper Network Certified Associate (JNCIA) Certification
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.