The Analyst is responsible for conducting credit references to determine credit worthiness and releasing orders on credit hold,
new customer account approval, managing and collecting all the outstanding account receivables for a portfolio of higher visibility
- New Accounts: Review new customer credit application, run D&B report, request for customer financials, review PO. Conduct credit analysis, establish credit line and review questionable red flags with Manager prior to approval of account
- Credit Hold: Perform review of accounts to determine customer is not past due, verify terms and credit line are within order parameters and work held order list to action timely.
- Update sales or sales support with concerns of the new customer account and orders that can’t be released within SLA
- Minimize fraudulent orders
- Collection: Contact customers for payment of outstanding account receivables. Identify, research, and resolve problems affecting payments. E-mail invoice copies as requested. Prepare adjustments and key offs.
- Research unapplied payments on account
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in B2B credit and collections required
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Attention to detail with impeccable follow through
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Intermediate and higher skills)
- Goal oriented self-starter
- Strong sense of urgency to get tasks accomplished
- Understanding of credit management processes
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is generally sedentary, with no specific need for physical coordination or effort. May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, or lifting needed to carry out everyday activities.
- Tasks do not expose employee to physically unpleasant or hazardous conditions. Working conditions will be mostly office environment.
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.