Full Job Description
Position: Clinical Operations Nurse
Reports To: Clinical Operations Nursing Lead
Position Status: Non-exempt
The Clinical Operations Nurse supports the mission of PrimeCare Community Health to promote
wellness and provide accessible, compassionate, and culturally respectful health care. Is
responsible for providing clinical leadership at the health center. Works in close collaboration
with the Practice Manager to ensure safe and efficient clinical processes. Collaborates with other
team members, including Case Managers, Medical Assistants, Referral Coordinators, Medical Records,
and Providers. Provides care management to high risk patients with chronic disease. Is also
responsible for being able to fulfill the duties of the Care Management Nurse.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support in maintaining patient health and prevention of secondary disease complications by
providing education, counseling and support about healthy lifestyle changes and specific disease
2. Collaborate and participate in the selection, development and maintenance of patient
3. Participate in care transitions, particularly from acute inpatient and emergency department
settings, back into the medical home.
4. Utilize standing orders and clinical orders for preventative and chronic disease management
within scope of clinical practice.
5. Perform medication review, reconciliation, education and coordination.
6. Proactively participate in care team huddles and meetings.
7. Monitor clinical operations of the site to ensure safety, efficiency, and consistency.
a. Process prior authorization requests for medication refills.
b. Ensure critical labs process is adhered to consistently.
c. Ensure abnormal labs and pathology are communicated to patients.
d. Ensure positive communicable diseases (e.g. STI) are reported per regulations.
e. Ensure vaccine storage and handling complies with regulations.
8. Handle protected health information in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA).
9. Participate in PrimeCare’s quality processes and activities as indicated.
10. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory agency requirements of compliance and ensures
that those standards are practice in the clinic.
11. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
2. Must be able to move around the clinic site 50% of the time.
3. Constantly operates a computer, computer printer, copy machine, and telephone.
4. Occasionally positions self to maintain exertion of physical strength to move objects of 10
pounds from one level to another.
5. Must be able to transport from one site to another.
6. Must be able to cover other shifts as necessary.
7. Ability to move as needed to perform necessary nursing skills such as wound care, injections,
and other procedures.
Required Knowledge, Experience, or Licensure/Registration
1. RN-Active State of Illinois License Preferred
2. Bachelor’s Degree in nursing preferred
3. At least 1 year of nursing total experience preferred
4. Prior experience in care management preferred.
PrimeCare Health is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Therefore, PrimeCare does not discriminate on the basis of creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital or parental status, alienage, disability, political affiliation or belief, military or military discharge status.
PrimeCare Community Health is part of the National Health Service Corps, as such, you would be able to participate in their Loan Repayment Program. For more information please visit their website at https://bhw.hrsa.gov/loans-scholarships