Job Title: Bookkeeper
Reports to: TPM Accounting Manager
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the accounting data entry for a portfolio of multifamily and/or commercial properties managed by Templeton Property Management, LLC (“TPM”) within the assigned portfolio.
In connection with the above, the Bookkeeper is responsible for collaborating with the Staff Accountants, as applicable, to ensure that each property’s books and records are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including reconciliation of all material account balances. Consistent with the above, the Bookkeeper is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the bookkeeping for a portfolio of residential and multi mixed-use properties.
- Assist Staff Accountants with duties related to the month-end close process, to include but not limited to: account reconciliations, and cash analysis.
- Participate in a variety of special projects and special reports as required.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all Staff and Senior Accountants and onsite personnel to ensure excellent inside customer service
Education: Associate’s degree in Accounting preferred; prior accounting experience may be considered in lieu of an Associate’s degree.
Experience: 1 year minimum experience in accounting required; prior real estate industry experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have a general understanding of basic accounting data entry (i.e. accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.) including application within the context of real estate operations.
- Demonstrated high level of skill in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel, required.
- Ability to learn additional accounting software applications, as necessary.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while inspiring respect and credibility
- Maintain a positive relationship with colleagues to ensure excellent inside customer service
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks in a complex and fast-paced operating environment
- Must be proactive, flexible, responsible and resourceful
Job Type: Full-time