Full Job Description
Family living in Austin, Texas with 2, 9, 11, 12 year old children is seeking an educated, experienced, professional, organized, and detail oriented full-time candidate to help manage a busy family and household. Nanny will work as a team with the mother and one other nanny/house manager. While the family schedule is busy and dynamic, family values a healthy, warm, casual and fun home environment. Typical schedule will be 4-5 days and approximately 45 hours per week. Nanny will receive at least two consecutive days off per week and at least two weekends off per month. Flexibility is required with scheduling as last minute trips and events occasionally arise. Nanny will receive monthly schedules at least one month in advance. Nanny should be comfortable working many days consecutively (e.g., if traveling for two+ weeks at a time). Nanny is required to travel internationally and domestically approximately six weeks per year and work overnights when principals are traveling without children approximately one to two weeks annually. Family will have vehicle available for transporting children and running errands. Nanny/House Manager must work collaboratively with domestic staff (e.g., housekeepers, nannies, etc.) and directly with principals on a daily basis (mother is stay-at-home mom that is busy and on many boards). Candidates must have previous experience in similar position(s) that include nanny experience along with highly detailed house management and family assistant responsibilities. Family is open to local candidates as well as domestic relocations. Start date is July 2020, but flexible for the right candidate.
- Plan and provide developmentally appropriate play-based learning and educational activities (e.g., planned engaging activities at home, developmentally appropriate games and activities, engaging projects and crafts, scheduled outings, etc.)
- Apply knowledge about child development in the support and reinforcement of manners and other social skills (e.g., firm when necessary and capable of teaching children manners and etiquette, but also capable of being laid back and fun)
- Assist children with homework, school projects, studying for tests, etc. and keep parents informed of progress and needs
- Assist in transporting children to and from school, activities, play dates, camps, etc.
- Assist in fresh and healthy meal planning and preparation for family
- Pack children's healthy lunches and bags for the following day (e.g., ensure all school work is completed, pack gear for sports and activities, etc.)
- Pack and unpack children for trips and travel (create pack lists in advance to ensure children have everything needed for travel)
- Assistance with travel arrangements and ensuring all logistics are planned in advance. Research and plan activities at travel destination and ensure appropriate gear is available at other residence, hotel or resort
- Assist with inventory checklists for household items, food, children's essentials, principals' essentials, etc. and order through Amazon, Instacart, etc.
- Event planning for children's themed birthday parties and other events (e.g., plan, organize and oversee flawless execution day of event)
- Maintain comprehensive household manuals setting priorities for tasks on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Maintain file systems including those for household operations, warranty manuals, household equipment, invitations, entertainment logs, etc.
- Maintain contacts lists that include family members, friends, vendors, contractors, businesses, etc.
- Management responsibilities of 8,000 square foot single family home
- Schedule and oversee vendors and contractors (e.g., winterizing irrigation system for winter, seasonal landscaping displays, interior design projects, etc.)
- Run errands (e.g., shopping for home supplies, returns, purchasing school supplies for beginning of school year and needed throughout the year, purchasing gifts for birthday parties children are attending, and other requested items)
- Managing tasks and projects around the home (e.g., receiving deliveries, service providers, contractors, sending emails, going through mail and sorting bills and junk, etc.)
- Organizational projects (e.g., children's bedrooms, playrooms (books, toys, crafts, etc.), closets, rotating clothes seasonally, getting rid of outgrown toys and clothing, taking things for donation, etc.)
- Assist domestic staff with projects when necessary, creating a collaborative and team environment
- Ensure pantry and fridges are properly stocked in accordance with principals and children's travel and entertaining schedules
- Maintain vehicles, fill gas tank, take for service appointments and keep accurate records of services completed
- Assistance with dogs (e.g., boarding prior to family travel, walking and letting out, feeding, routine groomer and veterinary appointments, etc.)
- Schedule and maintain schedules and calendars for household and family (register for sports/activities/camps/etc., plan play dates and outings with friends, etc.)
- Manage household petty cash (including proper documentation) and submission of house/staff credit card purchases and receipts
- Schedule meetings with principal(s) as needed to discuss their schedule, children's schedules, travel plans, upcoming events, special projects, etc.
- Capable of building rapport with similar aged children (toddlers, school aged, pre-teens, teenagers, etc.); kind and calm engagement with children at all times
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as necessary
- Highly organized, detail oriented, proactive, excellent time management, positive attitude, efficient and service focused
- Attentive to principals' preferences and style (intuitive to their needs)
- Ability to maintain discretion and respect for employer's privacy (confidentiality agreement is required)
- Professional presentation
- Ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships with service providers, contractors and vendors
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and efficiently with principals (extension of parents and consistent childcare philosophies) and domestic employees; responsive to feedback
- Active and fit (e.g., swimming, hiking, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or Early Childhood Development is most ideal, but bachelor's degree is required
- Experienced working with multiple children in a nanny or teaching position
- Passionate about education and child development
- 2-5+ years of full-time consistent and recent domestic experience working as a nanny/house manager/family assistant
- 3-4 references from domestic positions
- Seeking longevity (e.g., 2-5+ year commitment)
- Live a close proximity to the family's residence in Austin, Texas or willingness to relocate to the area
- Ability to complete extensive background checks, motor vehicle checks, drug tests and psychological evaluation
- Driver's license and clean driving record
- Vaccinations (e.g., MMR, TDap, Flu shot)
- $75-95K+ gross annual salary (based on experience and qualifications)
- $500 per month gross health insurance stipend
- Three weeks (15 days) paid vacation
- Discretionary annual bonus and raise (performance evaluation required)
Please read the job description carefully and kindly apply with your cover letter, resume, references (email address and phone number) and letter(s) of recommendation if you meet all of the requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- full-time nanny/house manager: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's license and clean driving record (Required)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off