The Senior Accountant will play a very important role in the monthly financial close & reporting process. This role will have a broad range of responsibilities including the supervision of all aspects of the monthly financial close and GL responsibilities, oversight over the accounts payable function, and execution of internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare and process month-end close related journal entries and reconciliations including vendor accruals, payroll and related accruals, capitalization and depreciation, cash deposits, and prepaid expenses.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, including consolidation of the company’s subsidiaries and variable interest entities.
- Assist with quarterly review and annual audits, including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility.
- Process accounts payable transactions to ensure that invoices are being recorded and processed accurately and consistent with U.S. GAAP and Company accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain Purchase Order Processing System.
- Prepare periodic disbursements to vendors, including expense accruals, account number assignment, and disbursement requests.
- Prepare Accounts Receivable billings and customer statements.
- Manage and record employee credit card charges, ensure proper submittal of expense reports and appropriate approvals; prepare reconciliation of corporate credit card transactions.
- Manage all cash related activity, including reconciliation of bank statements to general ledger and researching/resolving any un-reconciled cash transactions timely and accurately
- Manage fixed asset additions, disposals and impairments to ensure appropriateness with U.S. GAAP and internal capitalization policies.
- Analyze monthly financial data and make sure all monthly activity has been recorded and reconciled.
- Perform financial analysis to help support and evaluate decisions made by the Company’s senior management team.
- Proactively team with other business functions to facilitate process improvement and resolve accounting issues.
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in general accounting including public company experience. Prior Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Dynamic System or other large ERP system required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA preferred.
Additional Skills Required:
- Strong attention to details and ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced public company environment.
- Advanced understanding of U.S. GAAP and the ability to apply U.S. GAAP to new and existing transactions.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced excel experience required.
Job Type: Full-time
- * Advanced understanding of U.S. GAAP and the ability to app: 3 years (Required)
- Big 4: 1 year (Preferred)
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- * Experience with MS Dynamic System or other large ERP syste: 1 year (Required)