JR Automation was founded in 1980 and has grown to become one of the leading global systems integrator and solutions providers for the industrial automation industry. With over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more. JR designs and builds highly integrated manufacturing systems, including robotic welding, testing, dispensing, material handling, and assembly solutions. JR’s customer base includes the world’s leading automotive, life sciences, aerospace, electronics, and industrial manufacturers. With a keen focus on technological innovation and a strong dedication to their employees, customers, and community, JR Automation is poised to continue its path toward further strategic growth and expansion.
JR Automation Technologies is looking for an expert in Electrical Manager to join its team located in Nashville, TN. If you’re interested in working in a team environment and enjoy thinking outside of the box to solve practical problems with no standard solution, then this might be a great opportunity for you.
- Direct supervision of the Electrical Team and other staff.
- Work cross functionally with all departments.
- Plan, direct, organize and control the build process and related costs.
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
- Support project managers with customer service, runoffs, planning, and status reporting.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of performance from team members as it relates to their individual ability.
- Support, promote, and execute company initiatives.
- Provide timely customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Communicate technical information and critical processes to the project team.
- Manage the daily operations by planning the use of materials and resources while also considering other needs within and across the business unit.
- Support the quoting team by giving input on concepts, hours, and material costs.
- Establish and maintain a team work culture plant wide through leadership, experience, positive attitude, encouragement, and training.
- Review performance data to measure productivity, efficiency, and utilization to determine areas that need improvement.
Drive process improvements in the organization and work area to optimize efficiency.
- Set employee expectations, provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to insure employees meet company expectations as needed and during formal performance reviews.
- Develop the Electrical department through leadership, mentoring, and training.
- Demonstrate a commitment to upholding the highest standards of safety, on time delivery, and quality of our products.
- Address current and future staffing needs along with participating in the interviewing process.
- Conduct electrical team meetings to keep the team informed of workload, hours, and company policy updates.
This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 5 years of electrical experience.
- Two-year Associate Degree in Electrical Technology with related vocational education with journeyman card preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of schematic interpretation, panel building, machine wiring, and troubleshooting
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives with varying priorities.
- Proven ability to accept and give direction, set expectations, and hold team members accountable to meet timing, budget, and customer expectations.
- 3+ years’ experience providing mentorship.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines.
- Ability to lift-up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Fork Lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license while employed at JR.
- Travel at least 20% of the time may be required. This may include domestic and international travel depending on the project.
- Quality Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving