Reporting directly to the VP, Business Operations, the Director of Water Resources is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and supervising all water related functions.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer in managing the day-to-day water efforts by modeling future year needs, reporting current year and look-ahead to lenders, sourcing new surface water contracts-short term and long term; flood waters, sourcing new exchange opportunities and managing surface water;
- Manage and coordinate water exchanges/movements in districts such as Westlands, Semitropic, Wheeler Ridge and other similarly situated water districts.
- Collaborate with the Executive Management on identifying domestic and international growth opportunities through land, soil and water suitability assessments.
- Responsible for short-term and long-term water modeling and preparing and presenting water models to CEO, VP of Operations and other key stakeholders.
- Review water models monthly for position.
- Manage water associated with banking activities and prepare water sources and uses table for banks
- Recommend annual and multiyear supply decisions (carryover, supplemental, pumping, purchases, sales, banking, etc.)
- Optimize water costs based upon well usage and key purchases/sales of water.
- Develop, implement and monitor strategic water management plans.
- Work alongside with field staff on establishing irrigation plans, including deficit irrigation if needed.
- Ensure environmental and regulatory compliance with water districts.
- Manage implementation of the Sustainable Groundwaters Management Act and keep abreast of SGMA related matters.
- Influence policies at water district and GSAs.
- Develop a plan to mitigate risks associated with new groundwater regulations;
- Establish contacts and build relationships with relevant water districts.
- Secure, manage and maintain federal and state approvals to transfer water.
- Attend all relevant water district meetings.
- Attend field staff meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and be willing to take on new roles as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Three to Five years of accounting experience;
- Experience working with Famous preferred but not required;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and related software programs;
- Microsoft Excel proficiency a must;
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes;
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining perspective and respect for others;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-entity, and multi-cultural environment; and
- Strong leadership, management, and people skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Water Resources: 5 years (Preferred)