The Customer Support Technician provides technical support and coordinates activities within the Motorola Network Operation Center, verifying swift and accurate response to all alerts, ensuring the repair or escalation of issues as appropriate. The Customer Support Technician will strive to maintain the highest level of service for all customers; ensuring the appropriate and timely notification of network and maintenance statuses. This position supports 24/7 Network Operations, requiring the flexibility to work across all shifts as required.
The Customer Support Technician will be joining a team of Customer Support Operators and Senior Customer Support Technician serving all relevant accounts. This role will develop strong relationships with the customer and all other supporting departments. Additionally, the Customer Support Technician will perform some administrative tasks that will help drive day to day performance.
The following will be core responsibility of the Customer Support Technician:
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK THIRD SHIFT (6 PM - 6 AM) 4 DAYS ON 4 DAYS OFF
- Responsible for providing technical support and monitor day to day operations of Network Operation Center.
- Monitoring the Motorola Solutions Infrastructure using a variety of tools and react to resolve any alerts which may arise and ensure system uptime meet service level agreements.
- Responsible for logging and resolving any network incidents ensuring that Service Level Agreements are met at all times.
- Escalating any Network incidents that cannot be resolved within specified time frames to the relevant team members and work with them until the incident is resolved.
- Document and record steps taken towards resolution of an incident and add this to the knowledge database for future referral.
- Take Technical Ownership of Major Incidents by – identifying, communicating, and utilizing appropriate resources to resolve the issue.
- Responsible for documenting and distribution of all Major Incident Review Reports in the agreed format.
- Ensure NOCC operations meet support and performance metric requirements.
- Monitor all outages/issues through the return to normal services.
- Build strong and effective working relationships with Engineering and Management organizations.
- Respond to escalated customer incidents in a timely fashion and in compliance with NOCC standards.
- Acting as the first point of contact for any Network related problems between Motorola NOCC and its partner's.
- Develop good customer relationships through excellent customer service.
- Assisting in providing tier 1 customer support when call volumes are high.
- Comply with Motorola Quality and Security policies and practices.
- Maintain reasonable discipline and decorum.
- Be familiar with NOC policies and services.
- Responsible to update and maintain data integrity of various database systems used within the NOC.
- Keep up to date knowledge of all systems and application used to perform day to day task.
- Work closely with all other relevant teams to maximize all opportunities, make a significant contribution by supporting new process and new technology.
- Process focused; provides input to help improve/build processes.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate and multi-task across various groups and functional teams both inside and outside of the business.
- Provide guidance and support for continual improvements.
- Ensuring all given tasks are performed based on ITIL process and procedures.
- Actively participate in all training provided.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Operate in a 24 X 7 Network Operations Center; this includes shift work and weekends.
- Seeking experience in a help desk/service desk/ technical support environment.
- Prior background working in NOC environment is highly desired.
- Knowledge of ITIL is a plus.
- Good communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Strong analytical, problem solving and investigative skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Aptitude to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Technical literacy.
2+ years of customer support experience preferably in a NOC environment
Position Type Experienced
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.