Who we want
Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. Stryker Engineering interns will get to:
- Impact the development and manufacturing of cutting edge products
- Gain experience within a fast paced and growing industry
- Apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting
- Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills
Packaging Engineering interns at Stryker, will:
work to develop innovative packaging to meet design requirements based on ‘voice of customer’ input. They will work develop and maintain packaging system for our new product pipeline as well as commercialized product. They will work with cross functional teams to support packaging design changes from a sourcing, operations, quality and regulatory perspective.
The intern will work with an experienced team including Principal, Senior Staff Engineer and Senior Engineers to build their knowledge and execute on the requirements for packaging design as outlined in ISO11607-1.
If you like change patients’ lives through developing user focused packaging this role is for you!
What You Need
- Currently working on completion of Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan be enrolled in a degree-seeking program after the summer
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
- Must be permanent resident of the U.S. or U.S. citizen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including orthopaedics , medical and surgical, and neurotechnology & spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world. For more information, please visit our website at www.stryker.com .
In February 2019, Stryker Corporation (NYSE:
SYK) announced that for the ninth consecutive year, Stryker has been named as one of the 2019 FORTUNE ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ ranking 11 out of 100.
Work From Home:
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.