Nexon is expanding aggressively into the western gaming market with a new development studio in Orange County California. We are building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon has a worldwide team of over 5,500 employees and a diverse global portfolio. If you want to help chart the course of a brand new development studio, let’s talk!
In this role, you will be responsible for setting the audio vision of the game to create a beautiful and rich world for players to enjoy. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for games and previous experience working on AAA titles.
Skills & Requirements:
- Work with other departments to support a high quality sound experience that enhances gameplay
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside of your department
- Creative problem solving
- Provide strong vision and direction for the audio in the game
- Reviewing performance of Audio team members and game implementation
- Liaising with outsourcers and across internal disciplines as primary audio point person
- Help specify and design audio tools/tech with our audio programming team
- Collaborate on design approaches to the sound of the game
- Be a self-starter that can work independently as well as collaboratively
- Experience working in DAW workstations, such as Nuendo, Pro Tools, REAPER, etc.
- A working knowledge and experience in audio middleware and/or proprietary tech like Wwise
- Great communication skills, both text and verbal
- Experience creating sound assets for games
- Experience utilizing sound effect recording sessions to gather resources for audio production
- Experience creatively producing sound effects, backgrounds, and Foley for games
- Experience mixing in stereo and surround-sound formats
- Shipped title as a Senior Sound Designer
- 7+ years of experience making sound for games
- Portfolio showing off your work including representative examples of sound design experience
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4
- A musical ear or experience working with composers to enhance gameplay through music
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal
- Experience working as a mentor or lead to associate or staff sound designers