Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Amsterdam, London, New York City, Philadelphia and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Condé Nast, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, and Hearst. Our software enables these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
We’re looking for an Art Director to generate and execute creative design solutions at the intersection of brand, marketing, communications, and content creation. Our ideal candidate is well-versed in digital, traditional, and physical design projects.
1. Brand - Continually think about and drive forward the holistic sophistication, character, visual identity, design language, patterns, perspectives, voice and tonality of our brand.
2. Marketing - Create smart, salient, and dazzling campaigns and executions of storytelling around our company, product platform, and services. Concept, design, and spearhead world-class campaigns, interactive sites, visualizations, demos, digital installations and activations, event and print collateral, brochures.
3. Properties - Create and contribute to our primary site content and design, documentation, navigation, imagery, and iconography.
4. Sales - Empower a global sales team by creating and managing a robust library of templates, business collateral, presentations, high-value graphics and renderings, and reusable communications assets.
5. Content - Design, support, and occasionally direct a wide array of needs in content creation, including on-location videos, case studies, photoshoots, and more.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS/CAN/HAS:
- Self-motivated, ambitious, portfolio-minded, enthusiastic.
- Idea articulation and presentation skills. Can present concepts in a meaningful and provocative way; powerfully enough to generate excitement and energy.
- Understands and embraces strategy as it informs and validates creative thinking.
- Can balance the particular needs of both highly bespoke projects and smart, sustainable, reusable systems of deliverables that make everyone’s lives easier.
- A passion for working in and with emergent tools and technology on exciting new platforms.
- Experienced working with writers, photographers, strategists, and other specialists to create the best possible work.
- Lover and advocate of branding, typography, and classic design principles.
- An eye and intuition for “what’s right” in tonality, communications, and word play.
- Must be able to work and succeed in digital and interactive mediums.
- Must be able to work and succeed in print and traditional mediums.
- Any experience in editing, broadcast design, motion, and animation is a significant plus.