- Microsoft SQL Server
- Database Administration
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Stock Options
Chadds Ford, PA area
Work environment (private office, cube, high rise office building): Office Buildings
Daily responsibilities will range from TSQL performance optimization, automating SQL Server and Windows with PowerShell. While also working with software developers and business leads to create high quality database solutions.
- Drive for high quality database solutions and strong sense of ownership
- Experience automating manual processes
- Experience developing, optimizing stored procedures, and functions using T-SQL
- Must be able to review and modify current and new stored procedures to improve performance (while educating others)
- Working history with database maintenance, optimization, and replication
- Ability to collaborate in the physical, logical architecture, and design of the relational database schemas.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time while collaborating with peers to make best technical decisions.
- Must be able to develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Must be available to provide off hour support when needed
Selling point of the job:
- Advanced experience with T-SQL programming
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014 internals
- In depth knowledge of Data Performance Troubleshooting and enhancements
- Working experience with SQL Server database administration
- Object-Oriented software architecture, design, and implementation
- Strong experience with PowerShell Programming
- Strong Experience with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE)
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services
Company is growing fast. Fun and fast paced open floor plan environment to promote a collaborative approach. Disc Golf, Fire pit, Mac and Cheese cook offs.
Work Hours and Schedule:
Standard Business hours
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent experience
Completely Casual (Shorts and Flip Flops ok)
How is compensation structured
Yes, discretionary bonus, and end of year bonus based on company performance.
Yes (based on years with company)
What other benefits are there
>Major Medical Insurance (contributory or company paid):
Aavalar Consulting is a trusted technology staffing partner that helps technology leaders connect with and deploy in-demand, skilled IT and Engineering professionals at client sites across the Mid-Atlantic region. Since 1999, Aavalar Consulting has built an award-winning reputation with over one hundred of the most innovative Fortune 500 and mid-market companies to deliver substantial value through a broad set of technology consulting and IT staffing services that include: Staff Augmentation, Interim Technology Executives, and Search and Recruitment for IT and Engineering.