Full Job Description
Miami litigation firm Seeks Commercial Litigation Associate with 5-10 years of experience. Candidate will support lead attorneys in their practice by assisting with gathering, analyzing, and organizing information; drafting legal pleadings, discovery, deposition and hearing attendance and summaries; and drafting and reviewing responses and motions, preparing and reviewing trial preparation and other documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Locates and interviews expert witnesses.
- Drafts legal documents including but not limited to discovery, motions, summary judgement motions, appellate briefs, affidavits, memoranda, and letters.
- Investigates factual information to respond to litigation discovery requests or other information inquiries.
- Performs legal research and analysis; compiles, analyzes, and summarizes data.
- Performs factual and technical investigation and analysis of case issues.
- Assists in all phases of case preparation including discovery and trial.
- Prepares for trial, including, but not limited to, providing trial support and attendance.
- Provides general logistical help and supports the maintenance of legal files, including, but not limited to, preparing status reports.
- Assists with special projects
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Research and analyzes various outside general counsel issues as they arise
- Five to eight years related experience or equivalent.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent legal writing skills (grammatical and citation proficiency required).
- Proficient on Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to understand, comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, staff and team members.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. Email resume, writing sample and transcript.
Job Type: Full-time