This individual is responsible for managing new and renewal policies to ensure timely and accurate coverage while providing superior customer service to clients in accordance with company requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to identify exposures, obtain underwriting information and provide appropriate insurance coverages for the client.
- Timely response to the client, underwriter, and internal department requests.
- Analyze exposures for new and renewal clients; prepare comprehensive submissions for marketing.
- Recognize circumstances requiring assistance from underwriting manager.
- Coordinate customer service with producers.
- Prepare accurate policy summaries and claim reports as needed.
- Work closely with internal departments: Claims, Sales, CSS and Accounting to achieve the best outcome for client and agency.
- Continue professional development and establish education goals with a timeline for completion
- Document all activity carefully.
- Understand the potential for errors or omissions and seek guidance when necessary.
Skills and Abilities
- Solid analytical and customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting procedures, rating plans and state and federal insurance laws.
- Ability to understand and analyze commercial lines coverages, forms, and policies.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Ability to use technology to manage workflows and communication most efficiently.
- MS Office products – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work.
- Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures, and rules contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Ability to maintain professional and productive relationships with other staff, working closely with other departments where applicable.
- Ability to maintain professional and cordial relationships with customers, clients, and co-workers.
- Ability to adapt to change and manage stressful situations professionally.
- Demonstrate flexibility as priorities and deadlines shift, juggle multiple assignments.
- Ability to work in and contribute to cultural teamwork and cooperation.
- Treat people with respect.
- Accept both positive and negative constructive feedback from others and adjust performance based on such feedback.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of the position, meet deadlines, and live up to commitments.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of high school diploma, college degree a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an office setting.
- Appropriate professional designation(s) – CIC, AAI, CPCU, ARM a plus.
- Licensed P&C Producer preferred but not required. Employees in this position will be required to get a P&C license within the 90 day probation period. The agency will pay for the course and first test.
- Experience with educational institutions preferable.
Nothing in this Job Description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
- Starting Salary: $400 per week non-licensed/$500 per week licensed
- profit sharing program for licensed and fully trained CSR's
- NO Health or Life Insurance provided
- Retirement Fund - 3% matching
- Paid Holidays
- 10 Days of Paid Time Off available each year - available after the 90 day probation period
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $400.00 to $500.00 /week
- Sales and Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- AR Resident Producer (Preferred)