- Nursing Experience
- ACLS Certification
- BLS Certification
SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the Nurse Manager, the SLH Assistant Nurse Manager directs the professional and support nursing personnel. Provides individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Address and evaluate performance issues and applies corrective action as needed; assist and complete annual performance evaluations.
2. Assess and evaluate staff developmental needs and works with Clinical Nursing Educator to provide programs and classes to meet these needs; identifies to Nursing Administration those employees with growth potential.
3. Assists with budgetary process, making recommendations for personnel, supplies, equipment, remodeling and contracts.
4. Develop and conduct quality improvement studies/activities.
5. Obtains and incorporates when feasible suggestions and recommendations from staff; participates in the determination and implementation of patient care and documentation standards and quality assurance program criteria and monitors the documentation of their achievement.
6. Performs other duties as required.
7. Responsible for consistent implementation of the standards set by State and National regulatory and/or accrediting agencies; monitors the success and quality of programs providing infection control, quality assurance, continuity of care, patient education, and coordination of care with other departments.
8. Responsible for daily rounding throughout the unit to evaluate status of patient care operation and environment of the unit, staff needs and patients’ perception of care; reports issues as appropriate.
9. Responsible for effective bed management and patient flow.
10. Sets and manages priorities for patient care and unit operations and makes adjustments to staffing as necessary; contributes to adoption of master staffing schedule to unit schedule; maintains approved personnel assignments, time allowance and payroll and personnel records.
Minimum Experience: One year full-time, continuous experience as a Clinical Nurse III or three (3) years experience as a Clinical Nurse II with AHS, or four (4) years full time, continuous experience in a large facility in the clinical area of application.
Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
Required Licenses/Certification: ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support issued by AHA. Other advanced life support certification may be required per unit/department specialty.
Required Licenses/Certification: BLS – Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA).
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current RN license to practice in the State of California.