16110_76320 Environmental Services - LV
Expected Weekly Hours:
Job Description Details:
The Environmental Aide at St. Joseph Mercy Livingston in Howell, MI performs critical and valued tasks including maintain the environment for the Health System by performing environmental duties in accordance with Regulatory Agency Standards, Infection Control, and Hospital and Department Policies.
Contingent position scheduled primarily days, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with occasional evening shifts of 3:30 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Able to read and write English. Possesses basic math skills.
- Experience: Three months customer service or cleaning experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: No licensure or certifications required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain areas such as patient towers, public areas, exam rooms, offices, etc., the Environmental Aide's essential duties include:
o Cleaning all surfaces
o Disinfecting all surfaces
o Dusting all surfaces
o Replenishing all supplies
o Spot cleaning carpet and upholstery
o Cleaning up spills
o Changing linen and making beds
o Operating vacuum cleaning equipment
o Dust mopping and damp mopping floors, stairs, and landings
o Disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
o Reporting needed equipment repair and all unsafe situations
- Identifies safety risks, provides feedback and helps address safety issues. Actively follows safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining an environment that is clean and conducive to patients, visitors, and co-workers' well-being and safety.
- Demonstrates a positive demeanor that contributes to a culture of trust, respect, and teamwork. Follows our Service Excellence Standards.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers (i.e. active listening, professionalism, appropriate tone of voice and language).
- Assists in the training of staff to perform Environmental Services duties.
- Participates in department and unit activities to improve quality and patient care.
- Assists in keeping corridors clear of clutter, equipment, furniture, etc. for safety and aesthetic purposes.
Required Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to:
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively communicate with patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Prioritize assigned tasks and organize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Walk and stand for approximately 90% of work time.
- Frequently squat, kneel, and lift.
- Occasionally bend and twist.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Lift, turn, push, pull, and position equipment.
- Ability to utilize safe body mechanics.
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Health System enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.