Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016. Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue. Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees.
Cable Solutions, a part of Atkore International, currently has an opening for a Plant Manager in our Philadelphia, PA location.
Reporting to the VP/GM of Cable Management, the Plant Manager directs and manages plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving for the Philadelphia facility. This position will coordinate plant activities through the planning with plant leadership to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Building on current platforms to drive world-class manufacturing capability and ensuring that best practice processes are implemented to drive operational and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards. Driving an operational excellence approach to include implementation of Lean concepts such as SMED, TPM, OEE practices and optimizing operations for profitability.
- Establishing and driving working capital improvement initiatives to meet/exceed business targets, creating a flexible asset base while improving quality and equipment reliability. Manages capital asset maintenance. Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Developing processes to manage inventory to a minimum level without service level failures.
- Establishing and refining performance metric goals and objectives. Maintain and be accountable for KPI visual reporting while actively participating in Lean Daily Management activities, including GEMBA walks.
- Building a strong team and hourly workforce culture while ensuring headcount, skills and training are aligned with global business objectives.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives. Hiring, performance management and compensation management responsibilities
- Provide Safety and Health direction and support to personnel; ensures compliance with OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Demonstrate and promote our key Atkore values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability through actions and decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 5 years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment. (MBA Preferred)
- Previous experience managing a unionized workforce is a preferred
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Six Sigma / Project Management experience. Black Belt and Union experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Computer literate. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven experience as a mentor/developmental manager for employees with ability to work both as a member of a team, a team leader or as an individual contributor.
- Experience managing in a matrixed organization
- All associates must embrace and foster and environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Atkore’s mission is to be the customer’s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery, and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and process.
We are able execute on our mission through our core values. All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence (ATIRE). Senior leaders are also expected to drive innovation by delivering value to our customers through a culture built from a mindset, skill set, and tool set that drives breakthrough results.
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!