Reporting to the Divisional HR Manager, the HR & Safety Specialist will support the manufacturing plant by leading human resources and safety tasks.
- Leads the human resources functions at the manufacturing plant, including policy interpretation, recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee benefits and compensation, employee relations, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and employee events.
- Ensure proper reconciliation of payroll timesheets within the timekeeping system, including accurately recording absences, vacation, holiday hours, etc.
- Provides counsel, guidance, assistance and labor relations direction to the plant in the administration, coordination and interpretation of the corporation and divisional labor relations policies and objectives.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing, onboarding, training, and scheduling of full-time and temporary production associates for backfill, to cover vacation, leaves of absences, sickness, weekends, or other needs.
- Accountable for the administration of the plant’s benefit plans including health insurance, Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Family Medical Leave (FMLA) short and long-term disability plans, 401K processing, medical testing, life and AD&D insurance, worker’s compensation and accident administration. Answers employee benefit inquiries in a timely manner and per policy.
- Track and report on monthly, quarterly and annual metrics for the department.
- Assist Plant Management with plant specific functions, projects, requests, and reports.
- Completes ongoing projects as assigned by the HR Manager.
- Leads Safety and Regulatory Compliance for all plant operations. Leads local safety team. Coordinates all required training and reporting for all local Safety/Health and compliance programs.
- Works with Jarden Process Health and Safety Director to insure all required programs are accurately reported and maintained. Responsible for reporting and maintaining Environmental Compliance Programs and Reporting.
- Experience of at least 5-7 years of progressive human resources experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- 2-5 years in manufacturing safety.
- Excellent computer capabilities, including HR systems and MS Office.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with individuals both internally and externally
- The ability to analyze problems and make independent judgments to initiate corrective action or resolution.
- The ability to work with and maintain information of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to display diplomacy in day-to-day interactions with the commitment to task with awareness of urgency.
- The ability to work independently and work as a value add to the divisional team function.
- PHR / SHRM-CP Certification
- Kronos, PeopleSoft, and SharePoint experience
- Experience in HR within manufacturing industry
- Sitting at workstation approximately 85 percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 15 percent of work time.
- Must be able to travel 5 percent of work time.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Safety: 1 year (Preferred)
- Onboarding: 3 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)