Position: E&I Technician Location: Eagle Mine, Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA General Description:
This position is designed to perform installation, repair, troubleshoot and maintenance on electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Use voltmeter, ammeter, megger, oscilloscope and related testing equipment.
- Performs voltage testing on electrical equipment up to 25KV.
- Perform proper Lockout of equipment for maintenance.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on all electrical systems including instrumentation and Rockwell Distributed Control Systems.
- Maintain generators, motors, conveyors, and other electrical equipment.
- Install, repair, replace equipment such as relays, switches, supervisory controls, indicating and recording equipment.
- Prepare work orders and complete necessary reports.
- Maintain telephones, paging systems and mine radio systems.
- Operate forklifts, man lifts, pick-up trucks, and related service vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and understanding and application of mathematical and electrical formulas is essential
- Preference will be given to candidates with an Industrial Electrical degree or those with previous electrical and instrumentation experience in the mining industry.
- A valid driver’s license required
Key Personal Competencies:
- Action oriented and produces results – tasks are accomplished within required timeframes
- Leadership – accepts responsibility and accountability
- Integrity and trust – operates by personally defined set of ethics and values
- Decision making – correct, appropriate, timely, based on sound judgment, business sense and technical data
- Communications – clear, concise, objective, well organized, is an active listener
- Technical excellence, analysis, problem solving – subject matter expert, researches/support proper solutions
- Ingenuity and resourcefulness – utilizes resources effectively and efficiently, thinks outside the box
- Organized – activities are logically and appropriately prepared, coordinated and conducted
- Planning and scheduling – work is planned properly, scheduled effectively, and accomplished efficiently
- Quality – output meets/exceeds standards, is accurate and complete
- Team work – works collaboratively focusing on team needs, provides recognition, is open and supportive
- Flexibility – accepts change and is open to and supportive of innovative ideas and methods
Everyone in the workplace is responsible for his or her own safety and for the safety of their co-workers. Employees are responsible for performing all tasks in accordance with relevant HSEC Site Procedures, so as to work safely and keep the workplace safe. Lundin Mining Company is responsible for determining steps required to ensure health and safety of all employees, protection of the environment, and the community. Specifically, all employees must:
- Accept personal responsibility for HSEC
- Identify hazards, unsafe actions, and conditions that could result in damage to property, injury, impacts to the environment, and the community
- Obey any instruction issued to protect their own personal health and safety, and the health and safety of others, protection of the environment and the community.
- Report, as soon as practicable to their Manager any situations where HSEC requirements are not being conformed to within their work area
- Avoid endangerment to any other person through any act or omission
- Only use equipment you are trained to use and operate the equipment in a way that is safe, protects the environment and doesn’t cause undue community impacts.
- Participate in HSEC training provided to them
- Report all incidents; including but not limited to injuries, near miss, community interactions and impacts, environmental impacts, spills, unsafe work practices, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly