Job Profile / Description
At this time Kanter & Associates, P.A., C.P.A. is continuing to expand our team in the Tampa Bay area. Therefore, we are looking for driven, focused, competent individuals with 2+ year's public accounting experience preferably in a small to medium size CPA environment. In addition, an Accounting Degree and or Masters of Accounting is a desired education attribute to join our firm.
Kanter and Associates, PA, CPA's has been in practice for 17 years and is a Certified Public Accounting firm that is implementing a planned growth strategy during the next 2-5 years. In our plans, we have already begun to ramp up our fraud, forensic and expert testimony services we provide to clients. In addition, we continue to grow our traditional accounting services which include preparation, compilation, review, strategic planning, consulting, business valuations, payroll and other services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry and journal entries.
- Prepares compiled financial statements including adjusting journal entries, trial balance and bank reconciliations.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting tax and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Good understanding of GAAP.
Necessary Skills and Specifications:
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking.
- Strong System Software Aptitude.
- Prefer QuickBooks, CCH Axcess, Fixed Assets.
- Strong people skills to deal with prospects and clients.
- Professional client communication the email, chat and telephone.
- Strong interpersonal skills in regards to staff communications and interactions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and a general aptitude for technology.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission and will be discussed further during the interview. Please feel free to provide compensation requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Excel: 2 years (Required)
- Outlook: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Word: 2 years (Required)
- GAAP: 2 years (Required)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)